Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Anil J Desai has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Hematology & Oncology
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Hepatitis C
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Blood Cancer
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
Showing 5 of 16
This doctor is a hemotologist , oncologist and general practitioner. He only focused on my dads blood numbers and said the same things repeatedly. He doesn't focus on other concerned areas. Just blood related illnesses. My dad had to wait in this office for hours to hear the same crap. He should not be a general practitioner since all he focuses on is blood and cancer. Seems like he sees anyone who walks through the door because he doesn't have many patients who want to stick around or employees for that matter. He has has a new assistant every time my dad has gone to an appointment. Run away from this doctor as fast as you can!!
If you are a sickle cell patient, KEEP LOOKING for another doctor. Do not make an appointment with this doctor. I came to Georgia from louisiana this was the only doctor i could find in this area. Unfortunately, i had a terrible experience with this doctor. He doesnt have any bedside manner. He doesnt examine you. He rushes through the appointment. He basically told me i was gonna die in a little while anyway and thats why i needed to be on oxycotin80mg. Well, seven years later IM STILL ALIVE, WELL and kicking no thanks to him. A nurse saw me while i was in the hospital and slipped me the number to a wonderful doctor she then prayed with me and begged me to leave this doctor before i wouldnt be around to take care of my family. Needless to say I ran for the hills. Got off those horrible meds and got my life back better than ever. So please be wise and learn from my mistakes, Just KEEP LOOKING!!!
I don't give any stars because he is the biggest jerk ever, he talk mean, he tells you that you have medicine refills when you don't and when my pharmacy tried to fax him he won't respond to them and he does love his money. IM on medicaid and he charges me money for visits that I haven't had. So IM hunting another doctor! If anyone has suggestions write back.
Brookdale University Hospital And Medical Center
Dr. Anil J Desai accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Open Access POS Alternate Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice HMO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry CoventryOne - GA
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsEast Metro Internal Medicine, 4139 Baker St NE, Covington, GA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Anil J Desai in this video.
Dr. Anil J Desai is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Covington, GA.