Dr. Anil S Ranawat Is this you?

3.9

Have you seen Dr. Anil S Ranawat?

Tore my hip labrum

This doctor told me the good news is that I have no hip pathology or tears but after his physical exam I couldn't walk for 6 months and was crying, speaking to the hospital advocates and now have daily hip pain. I have a condition known as ehlers danlos and had a painless right clicking hip so went to be preventative and check I had nothing to worry about. My hip was internally rotated beyond it's physiologic range and was damaged for life. He then tried to pretend I already had a tear on my left hip when I never had pain in my left hip in my life or even a twinge of discomfort. When I mentioned the EDS and brought along doctors notes his comment was "yes you all think you have ehlers danlos" His assistant Rachel Taylor was part of this awful and life changing appointment. I will never get over what was done to me. They left me partially "disabled" and in pain for life. I walked in fine (even noting my pain as a 0 on the pre appointment notes) and walked out in terrible debilitating pain. I already had a neck injury and to now have to live with this new injury to my left hip until the hip eventually requires replacement (as they can't repair a tear in ehlers dances) is horrific. This man still practices medicine yet his lack of knowledge, professionalism and dismissal of my disease has cost me so much for the rest of my life. To do this to another human being and to mock an illness in this fashion beggars belief. Perhaps post our appointment he has taken steps to change his practices but sadly the pain I suffer will never leave me. I was not compensated for it, I need PT for life just to maintain me, they refused to then help me in any fashion and I was left to languish. Out of sight out of mind.

Knows his stuff!

Dr Ranawat is very helpful and caring.and took away my complex knee problem. I'd still be with him except he was no longer in my insurance network.

Arrogant. Dismissed MRI report, no explanation, just said "arthritis." Said cortisone shot effects would last a year- 2 months later pain was back . Would not use this doctor again!

Very good doctor. After years of pain and being misdiagnosed Dr. Ranawat finally figured out my very complicated problem. His PA Rachael Taylor is also amazing and goes above and beyond to answer all my questions. I wish I found Dr. Ranawat years ago.

Would not go to court to bat for you

Do not use this Dr. If you intend to sue to be compensated for your injury. The doc is not the best when you have to be compensated for your accident. He will promise to go to court but will not when you need him. He also will not answer a judge,so orders to come to court. So beware.

Acl & mcl surgery

Great doctor, highly recommended, very god personality

After my surgery 3 yes later I still have pain in my shoulder and now it radiating down into my fingers and affecting my writing. I would not recommend him for otho.

ACL Tear and Osteoarthiritis

I had ACL tear in one leg and Osteoarthitis in other with acute pain. He was the third doctor I met in HSS. I was a bit taken aback by the arrogance of the first two doctors who didn't want to listen but only impose on me what they felt right. I was so lucky to finally meet Dr. Ranawat who had the patience to listen to my problems and offer the best solutions.The best part was that no one but him took care of my immediate pain and offered non surgical options for OA (loader brace) as compared to just talk about surgeries on both legs. I chose him to perform my ACL repair and this is my third week and I am off crutches and have already started biking in my therapy class. Pain is also almost gone. My physical therapist is also impressed with fast recovery which I believe is also due to good surgery. His staff support is also very courteous, prompt and caring. I would highly recommend Dr. Ranawat for ACL surgeries and other arthritis related problems. Very fortunate that I didn't go with other arrogant doctors at HSS.

Dr. Anil Ranawat is truly a gift to the world. He is absolutely brillant and you know this upon meeting him. He's know as the best in the world and that is a title well deserved of this gifted man. My son will always be blessed because of Dr. Ranawat's work. For that I will forever be grateful. My son suffered two years with a non-healing avulsion fracture of the pelvis. Dr. Ranawat operated on my son and treated him with a care and understanding that a mother prays for. It was a long recovery, but thanks to Dr. Ranawat my son is getting back in the game and the best is yet to come. If you are lucky enough to meet Dr. Ranawat and have him work with you or a loved one, have faith and trust because you are truly in the hands of someone very special.

Best surgeon

Excellent Doctor

He is very careful and thorough. He is not a "cutter." He tries to use alternatives to surgery before he suggests having surgery. Amazing.

Great care for my son who tore his acl and meniscus last summer. It was a well organized team. Dr Ranawat said the right things to my son and established good rapport.