Dr. Anil Saxena Is this you?

2.9

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Anil Saxena?

DO NOT USE HIM

Dr. Saxena is one of the only child psychiatrists in Lehigh valley, so you are stuck with him. We used him two years ago and within 2 mins of meeting us he diagnosed my son with ADHD and started prescribing meds. We went through months and months of trials and none of them worked until we decided to deal with it on our own and find another dr. After my son was having troubles in school we had to go back to Saxena. We did get on the correct meds this time to help my son, however now Saxena was messing with our Insurance coverage. My son has two insurances and Saxena insist that he submit to the higher paying insurance also costing me a copay. Our other insurance does not require a co-pay. He lied to me about getting denied from the insurance we asked him to use. If you can find another Psychiatrist DO IT! Not to mention you wait because he double books his appointments, but he is quick to charge you if you miss an appointment. He is a greedy, money hungry doctor with no intention of helping you or your child.

What a visit with Dr. Saxena is like

I had a meeting with Dr. Sanexa and other faculty members at my son's school. When we walked in the Dr saw my son for just about 60 seconds before confidently diagnosing him with ADHD,he stated medication was the ONLY option. I realize 60 seconds sounds exaggerated, but it is accurate. His behavior was even upsetting to the faculty in the meeting. My son is six years old and happened to roll in his chair which prompted the diagnosis along with some experiences the school had shared with the Dr. before our meeting. He asked my son about 5 questions regarding his home life during his evaluation. He disregarded my request for privacy in the room while asking about family medical health history while in the company of 6 school employees who were not health care professionas. When I said I wasn't comfortable discussing the information with anyone other than him, the teachers attempted to leave and he disregarded my request and told them to stay, therefore collecting no information of the family mental health history. While I'm sure the school behavioral information was very helpful my son is only only there from 7:30-2:00 during the week, not hardly the majority of his time, so to look so little into his behavior was pretty surprising. The lack of knowledge of family history and his behavior at home combined with a confident diagnosis within a minute of meeting my son was very discouraging. I had assumed someone that worked so hard to become a psychiatrist would have an interest and a curiosity with patients, he did not. He had left within 15 minutes after giving a life changing diagnosis. Aside from his incompetence he was flippant and rude. If you have a child who is going through tough behavioral problems please look further than this Dr. Because there was truly no concern and more than likely an incorrect diagnosis. You may have to wait longer for another doctor but it will be worth it.

Worst doctor I have ever seen!!

Very caring doctor

This doctor has been extremely helpful for my son. We have been seeing him for 2 years and every time I come out of his office- I am amazed as to how well he can deal with my child!

Doctor was very professional, not sure why he got low marks. The type of office he's located in really wouldn't be fit for a receptionist. Also, pyschiatrists aren't meant to spend an hour with people. They're meant to diagnose and treat. You want to talk see a pyscologist or therapist, which he even recommended to us. Our first visit went great.

Happy for the Recommendation

Very happy with the way Dr. Saxena was able to make my kids open up to him. This is the first doctor my son trusts. Dr. Saxena was able to communicate in a way no one else has.

Was very helpful and caring. Listened carefully to my problems and gave me medications to help my illness.