Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Anita A Alvarez-Cruz has the following 2 specialties
- Geriatric Medicine
A geriatric specialist is a physician who treats the elderly population and the conditions that most commonly affect them. These doctors have special training in the effects of aging on the body and mind of a patient.
Geriatric specialists treat common ailments faced by senior citizens, such as frailty, incontinence, memory problems, arthritis, senility, decreased functioning and more.
In addition, geriatric specialists keep abreast of the different medications that an elderly person is prescribed to treat their more complex health issues in order to decrease adverse side effects and avoid dangerous drug interactions.
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Cognitive Issues/Testing
- EOL Care
- Negative-Pressure Wound Therapy
- Elder Abuse
- Urinary Incontinence
- Penetrating Wounds
- Body Weight
- Surgical Wound Dehiscence
- Alzheimer's Disease
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 32
I found this doctor for my geriatric mother. The first visit looked promising but then the office staff always delayed information and never gave correct info. The visits became shorter and the doctor wasn't prepared, forgot all the medication my mother was taking. I pulled her immediately from her care.
I have never had so many issues trying to get I touch with or get a call back from staff at any doctor's office. I have waited 10+ days for a call back after getting CT scan follow-up done for a mass. That was after leaving at least 4 or 5 voicemail messages. Then when I finally received a call back they said I had to make an appointment which took another week. This is not the only time I have had the same issue, they have completed lab and radiology orders with incorrect information, 'forgot' to submit a request to my insurance for authorizations and referrals to specialists. It is unfortunate that the staff don't care about the patients. I have for that reason changed to a new insurance plan so I don't have to be stressed out about getting to see my doctor or the lack of care.
Dr Alvarez is like an angel for me, she is very proffesional, smart and talented physician; the best of all is the way she approaches individuals, always with a beautiful smile. The fact that she has such a beautiful spanish makes me realize how talented she is. She should be recognized as one of the best physicians in houston tx.
Dr. Anita A Alvarez-Cruz accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana National HMO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAnita Alvarez-Cruz Md, 21715 Kingsland Blvd Ste 102, Katy, TX
Dr. Anita A Alvarez-Cruz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Katy, TX.