Dr. Anita Y Chan Is this you?

3.4

Have you seen Dr. Anita Y Chan?

No compassion

Horrible bed side manner. Instead of being sensitive and a Professional She was rude and scared me half to death at the last weeks of my pregnancy. She was filling in for my Doctor but i would never again be seen by her. She needs to learn compassion and sensitivity especially when dealing with pregnant women.

Talked down to me and made me feel bad about myself.

I saw Dr. Chan for a gyno check up. Instead of exuding compassion and concern for my medical issue, she totally overstepped her boundaries and told me "you really ought to limit your sexual partners". I was incredibly offended and feel that doctors should not push their personal values on their patients. I go to the doctor to have my issues resolved, not to be talked down to.

She is the best doctor for my wife. She has removed over 15 tumors from my wife's uterus and we love her.

Opinionated. Doesn't empower client to bring questions forward. When questioned or ideas are shared, dr. Chan responds defensively or dismisses your thoughts (and thus also feelings) Not very friendly. Always seems to be in a rush for the next "thing". Hurries and always on the go. Does not wait or tolerate extended time for missed opportunities. She recommends protocols without giving you much choice. You are left to submit to her predeterminded decisions and ideas before you are well-informed. She forgets repeatedly what she heard me reply to her question week after week. She talks "professional" making it hard to understand and leaves you feeling dumb and inadequate. She talks "professional" and frequently use medical terms and assumes you are following her which leads to disempowering client from asking more questions which will only get her emotional and defensive... Bad cycle. You don't look forward to seeing her or having visits with her. She could care less about your first special moments like taking ultrasound pictures or referring you out to get better ultrasound scans. She expects you to manage your full time working schedule to fit an unexpected request such as getting your lab work done within five days every single time. She boasts about not being sued and yet her decisions are made based on fear that she probably could which leads her to be extremely cautious even at the risk of all things ending up in c-section. She explains upfront and early on before rapport is built that she no longer will make time to be available to her patients 24/7 like she used to for past whatever years of practice. That certainly makes you feel important and valued. She constantly refers to the known gender of the baby by "it." She can be abrupt and abrasive to baby in mother's womb when baby isn't cooperating by using medical tools to force baby to move. I decided long aho with my partner that I would not have her as my next obgyn for these various reasons. Being pregnant for the first time, I felt as though I did not have much choice-- however I did see the value of clearly stating my personal review of her as I leave so that other wise and bright parents can be better informed about working with her.