Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Anita Chawla
Dr. Anita Chawla, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Memphis, TN. She has 31 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Chawla is affiliated with St Francis Hospital, Delta Medical Center and Rush Foundation Hospital. Dr. Chawla has received 1 award. She speaks English.
Dr. Anita Chawla has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Showing 5 of 7
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Chawla is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
St Francis Hospital
Delta Medical Center
Rush Foundation Hospital
Harding County General Hospital
31 Years Experience
Lady Hardinge Medical College
Graduated in 1982
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions3960 Knight Arnold Rd, Memphis, TN
Dr. Anita Chawla is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Memphis, TN.