Get the facts about insomnia, including the different types, who gets it, and what causes it.
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Insomnia Facts about insomnia; who gets it and what causes it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- Osteoarthritis Get the facts about osteoarthritis, including the symptoms.
- Osteoarthritis of the Knee Osteoarthritis of the knee: symptoms & risk factors for developing it.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Facts about rheumatoid arthritis (RA), including juvenile arthritis.
- Sleep Apnea Sleep apnea symptoms, risk factors, and complications.
- Tennis Elbow Facts about tennis elbow, including what it is & signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Anita Dekker has the following 2 specialties
- Occupational Medicine
You might work with an occupational therapist when you’re injured or if you have a disability. They rehabilitate and assist patients with every day activities, such as eating, getting dressed, working and attending social events. This includes self-care, leisure and work-related activities that lead to increased independence and development. Their goal is to empower people to still live the life they want despite any physical, developmental, social and/or emotional issues they might face.
- Pain Management
A pain management specialist is a physician with advanced knowledge and training in diagnosing and treating pain. These doctors do not come from one particular discipline, but rather use their respective backgrounds to contribute a varied approach to the field of pain management.
These specialists use their different skills and training in pain management to treat pain stemming from different causes - whether it's neuropathic pain or headache, or the result of injury, a surgical procedure, cancer or another illness.
Pain management specialists are primarily trained as anesthesiologists, physiatrists, interventional radiologists, neurologists, osteopaths, or primary care physicians.
Dr. Anita Dekker has the following 8 expertise
- Mental Health Issues
- Sleep Disorders
Showing 5 of 9
I would not recommend a pain patient to her, first off she says if you are hear for pain medication I am not your Dr. Why did we get reccomended to her in the first place. She left both my sister & daughter with no help. Just wants your money!!!
Not sure who this unsigned review is from, but this is not our practice. If I cannot help patients and must refer them to a practitioner who prescribe the heavier opioids, I do not charge them at all. My aim is to get patients to maximum function with minimal medications. I take 90 minutes with new patients and 45 with return patients -- and I use a multidisciplinary approach with myofascial release and manual therapies. Patients who only want pain medications are better served by the larger pain clinics in town.
I had despaired of anyone helping to relieve my pain before I saw Dr. Anita Dekker last fall. She spent 2 hours with me on my first visit, and then a full hour every visit after that. I finally felt heard -- and she was able to give me treatment and medications that made my pain go from a 10 to a 2. I highly recommend her.
Dr. Dekker is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
McKenzie - Willamette Medical Center
Dr. Anita Dekker accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net OR PPO
- Moda Health Connexus
- PacificSource PSN
- PacificSource SmartChoice
- PacificSource SmartHealth Oregon Members
Providence Health System
- Providence PPO
Regence Health Plans
- Regence OR Preferred Provider Network
Locations & DirectionsFull Spectrum Therapy, 3469 Hilyard St, Eugene, OR
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Anita Dekker in this video.
Dr. Anita Dekker is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Eugene, OR.