Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Anita Deswal
Dr. Anita Deswal, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Houston, TX. She has 28 years of experience. Her specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Deswal is affiliated with CHI St. Luke's Health - Baylor St. Luke's Medical Center. Dr. Deswal has received 1 award. She speaks English.
Dr. Anita Deswal has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Anita Deswal has the following 16 expertise
- Myocardial Diseases
- Heart Failure
- Left Ventricular Dysfunction
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Block
- Unstable Angina
- Myocardial Infarction
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Attack
- Heart Disease (Myocardial Ischemia)
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Blood Clot
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Deswal is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
28 Years Experience
All India Institute Of Medical Sciences
Graduated in 1990
University Health Center Of Pittsburgh
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsMichael E Debakey Va Medical Center Texas, 2002 Holcombe Blvd, Houston, TX
Dr. Anita Deswal is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Houston, TX.