Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Anita V Pillai-Allen has the following 2 specialties
- Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Child Birth
- Hot Flashes
- Menstrual Pain
- Pap Smear
- Birth Control
- Women's Health
- Pelvic Exam
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 25
Dr Allen performed a very complicated and long pelvic reconstruction surgery on me and it was successful. I have several complicated illnesses that require medications that complicate things. Dr Allen spent over an hour with me and my husband before surgery to make sure we understood as much as possible. I am a nurse and I was amazed at the attention to detail and time that was given to me before and after surgery. Dr. Allen, Patricia DeHof CRNP and all of her staff are kind, respectful, the best in their field, and make a difficult situation easier. Thank you for all that you do.
I've been playing phone tag with Dr. Pillai-Allen's office for days. On Friday, they left a message on my phone letting me know that I needed to call. They didn't say why, which, of course, was anxiety inducing. Then, when I did try to call during my lunch break, the office was closed. So I asked my boss if I could make a quick phone call for medical reasons. A quick phone call became almost an hour, most of which I had been put on hold. Finally, I was told that I could have an appointment next week, as long as I didn't have my period. I didn't have the pill pack with me, and couldn't remember which week I was in, so I agreed. They told me that rescheduling the appointment to the following week would be fine, if I found out that I was going to be menstruating. That turned out to be a crock of <apparently we can't swear on this website, but you get the idea>. I spent another entire lunch on hold, and was told that my options were either an appointment during the most important Jewish High Holiday, when I will be out of town visiting my 93 year old grandmother, or in a month. I asked for a referral. Still haven't gotten one. I haven't even seen Dr. Pillai-Allen yet, so I can't comment on her bedside manner, but her staff is TERRIBLE.
30 Years Experience
Indiana University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1988
Dr. Anita V Pillai-Allen accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsCapital Womens Care, 10313 Georgia Ave Ste 202, Silver Spring, MD
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Anita V Pillai-Allen in this video.
Dr. Anita V Pillai-Allen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Silver Spring, MD.