Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Anita Schmidt
Dr. Anita Schmidt, MD, FACOG is a Doctor primarily located in Lynchburg, VA. She has 27 years of experience. Her specialties include Gynecology and Obstetrics and Gynecology. Dr. Schmidt is affiliated with Centra Virginia Baptist Hospital, Centra - Lynchburg General Hospital and CentraHealth LGH/VBH. She speaks English.
Dr. Anita Schmidt has the following 2 specialties
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
Dr. Anita Schmidt has the following 3 expertise
- Hot Flashes
- Hysterectomy (Vaginal)
Dr. Anita Schmidt is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Dr. Schmidt is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Centra Virginia Baptist Hospital
Centra - Lynchburg General Hospital
27 Years Experience
University Of Rochester School Of Medicine And Dentistry
Graduated in 1986
United States Naval Medical Center
Dr. Anita Schmidt accepts the following insurance providers.
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- Coventry - Southside Tier 2
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
Locations & Directions114 Nationwide Dr, Lynchburg, VA
Dr. Anita Schmidt is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lynchburg, VA.