Dr. Anita Showalter Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Anita Showalter?

malpractice?

Posted on May 24th, 2015

I was a patient of Anita Showalter back in 2011. I for warned her that I should be considered a high risk pregnancy at my first ultrasound appt. I informed her that I had a family history of preterm labor. All of my mother's children were born preterm. I felt as though she wasn't too concerned at the time. I then began experiencing severe back pain at approximately my 22nd week of pregnancy. Dr. Showalter would pop my back and send me on my way, this continued for the next few appointments. I was very uncomfortable but as soon as she would pop my back I would feel some temporary relief. Never was there any testing or further questions concerning the back pain. On my 32nd week of pregnancy I went into labor. I was rushed to emergency surgery because the placenta was detaching. After my surgery, I was lying in my bed and crying as I thought about my son lying in the neonatal intensive care unit in the hospital. I was very traumatized. At this time, this doctor came to my room to check on me postop. She proceeded to yell at me for causing the preterm labor. Accusing me of riding my horses after she had told me not to. To be clear, I had only ridden once during my pregnancy and it occurred prior to the time she told me to stop. I felt victimized and attacked during my most vulnerable and painful time of my life.

Posted on December 11th, 2011

Dr. Showalter truly is the best OB/GYN I ever had. She is caring, professional, and devotes an incredible amount of time meeting the physical and emotional needs of her patients.

Simply the best

Posted on April 14th, 2011

Dr. Showalter is simply the best when it comes to women's osteopathic adjustments and concerns. After having X rays and MRI and being told by doctor after doctor that there was nothing they could find wrong with my back - and chiropractors who believed there was something wrong but who couldn't give me any relieft - and then a subsequent referral to a pain clinic, I found Dr. Showalter. She immediately located my problem, began working on it, and today I am still working, able to go for longer periods of time without significant pain, and my quality of life is tremendously improved. Anita has a perfect bedside manner, takes all the time a patient needs, and is an example of what traits should drive a person to become a physician. She is truly one of the most beautiful human beings I've ever had the privilege to meet and be treated by.

Wonderful

Posted on November 13th, 2009

In the time that I have had Anita Showalter as my dr, I have NO complaints!!! She has delivered both of my babies vaginally, with little drugs with the first and NONE the second...and NO tearing with either. She is an absolutely amazing dr and a great person all around. I would recommend her to anyone...always!!!

Posted on April 17th, 2009

A truly caring person; I am amazed by the time and care she gives each patient.

Posted on June 7th, 2016