Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Anita Sikand has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Women's Health
- Hot Flashes
- Menstrual Pain
- Pelvic Exam
- Birth Control
- Pap Smear
- Child Birth
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 23
I visited first when I was two months pregnant. I had thyroid related problem. She ordered blood test to check the medication dosage. The medication dose was supposed to change, but nobody called from her office. On the next visit I came to know that I need to increase the levothyroxine from 100mg to 137 mg/day. She never said sorry for the irresponsibility of her office.My age was 34+ that time and I asked her about doing test to check my baby's is genetically normal. She told you dont need. Later I moved my treatment to Johns Hopkins. at around 21 st week of my pregnancy. They told that I am at a high risk age, I should have done amniocentesis kind of test. but it could be done only before 20th week of pregnancy. I was so shocked. I was not in a situation to take any legal action against her. She is professionally incompetent.During my pregnancy, I had to change my job as well as the insurance company. I requested her office to hold the claim for few weeks and as soon as the insurance company will have my paper works ready with them, they can send it. But they didn't. Claim was rejected. They refused to re-submit the claim, and I had to pay them. Then I had to place the claim to the insurance company. What I want to tell you that they are professionally incompetent and behavior is also very bad, They wouldnt help you what they could have done without spending a single penny.
DR. SIKAND has been my Doctor for five years, she is excellent one, comparering with the other doctors I met previously. I always say she has magical touch, she is just like a member of the family, she eases the pains, she calms you down when you worry about anything before she treats you, and you will even get cured with her confidence and support. I would recommend anyone. she is superb. GOD BLESS HER
I have been a patient of Dr. Sikand's for 4 years. Dr. Sikand and her staff are excellent. When I called her office, my previous ob/gyn had left the area. Upon learning about my situation, Dr. Sikand was willing to see me the next day. This type of care is unheard of in this town for a new patient. I highly recommend Dr. Sikand.
Dr. Sikand is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Beth Israel Medical Center
Dr. Anita Sikand accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- Coventry - Southside Tier 2
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Anita Sikand in this video.
Dr. Anita Sikand is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Arlington, VA.