Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Anita M Vanderstelt has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Anita M Vanderstelt has the following 6 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
Dr. Anita M Vanderstelt has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Anita M Vanderstelt is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
Dr. Nita really cares about her patients she even lets you know if you need anything on the weekend not to be afraid to call, she has been my childrens doctor for the last nine months thank god I found her their previous doctor could have cared less if the kid were sick and never looked into health problems that ended up being early signs of asthema! Thank you Dr Nita for everything!!!
Couldn't have asked for a better doctor for my daughter! VERY professional, intelligent and caring. My daughter had a slew of complicated medical problems her first year...if there was ever anything that was "beyond" her knowledge or she was concerned with, she is never afraid to admit it and send my daughter to the best of the best specialist somewhere else. We love her!!
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
15 Years Experience
Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine
Graduated in 2003
Mi State University College Human Medicine
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsConnecticut Valley Pediatric Center, 1080 Day Hill Rd Ste 104, Windsor, CT
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Anita M Vanderstelt in this video.
Dr. Anita M Vanderstelt is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Windsor, CT.