Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Anita C York
Dr. Anita C York, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Orange, CA, with another office in Irvine, CA. She has 37 years of experience. Her specialties include Obstetrics and Obstetrics and Gynecology. Dr. York is affiliated with Mission Hospital Laguna Beach, Mission Hospital Regional Medical Center and South Coast Global Medical Center. Dr. York has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Anita C York has the following 2 specialties
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
Dr. Anita C York has the following 3 expertise
- Hot Flashes
Dr. Anita C York has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Anita C York is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 26
While I have only great things to say about Dr. York (She is wonderful!!!), the office staff (not her assistant) is very rude! Before my surgery, I called to schedule my pre-Op visit and was placed on hold for at least a half hour. When I finally spoke to someone, they couldn't even confirm my appointment and said to mark my calendar as pending and if Dr. York couldn't see me then, they would call me. Now after my surgery, I've been trying to schedule my six-week follow up and have tried three times to make the appointment. Each time I call, I was on hold for at least 30 minutes before giving up. Today, I called early and was able to get through but now have to wait 3 weeks before I can see her for what was supposed to be my 6 week follow up next week. So now I can't see her until 9 weeks after my surgery!!!
I recently tried to make a same day appointment and was not allowed to finish my conversation with the office staff before being cut off. I was transferred to a voice mail that didn't pick-up. When I called back I was treated in a very uncaring and rude manner and was put on hold. Unfortunately this office is too busy to care about patients.
After each appointment with Dr. York, I leave thanking God to have her as my doctor. Not only is she quite astute, she also is very personable. Because Dr. York has a vast amount of experience, continues to learn and stays up to date in her field, she has a large patient base. Even so, I never feel like just another patient-just the opposite- she takes time ask about 'my life'. Since Dr. York is efficient, my appointments are not long and drawn out; yet, I never feel shortchanged. This doctor never trivializes my 'aches & pains', though in comparison to others they are minor, and she makes sure to thoroughly answer all my questions. I f you are looking for a doctor who is not only kind but a specialist in the field of womens health, you will want to make an appointment with Dr. Anita York.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. York is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
37 Years Experience
University Of Nevada School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1981
Uc Irvine Medical Center
Dr. Anita C York accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
Locations & Directions
Dr. Anita C York is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Orange, CA.