Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Anita C York MD
Dr. Anita C York, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Orange, CA, with another office in Fullerton, CA. She has 38 years of experience. Her specialties include Obstetrics. Dr. York is affiliated with St Joseph Hospital - Eureka, South Coast Global Medical Center and Mission Hospital Laguna Beach. She speaks English.
Dr. Anita C York has 2 locations
845 W La Veta Ave Ste 108
Orange, CA 92868
Book Online Now
Dr. Anita C York has the following 1 specialty
Dr. Anita C York has the following 3 expertise
- Hot Flashes
Showing 5 of 5
Self-verified patient of Dr. Anita C York - Posted on March 30th, 2018
She is the most rude and condescending doctor I have ever encountered. She performed a Pap smear on me without my permission and made me feel sexually assualted.
Appointment Process is Horrible
Self-verified patient of Dr. Anita C York - Posted on March 29th, 2018
While I have only great things to say about Dr. York (She is wonderful!!!), the office staff (not her assistant) is very rude! Before my surgery, I called to schedule my pre-Op visit and was placed on hold for at least a half hour. When I finally spoke to someone, they couldn't even confirm my appointment and said to mark my calendar as pending and if Dr. York couldn't see me then, they would call me. Now after my surgery, I've been trying to schedule my six-week follow up and have tried three times to make the appointment. Each time I call, I was on hold for at least 30 minutes before giving up. Today, I called early and was able to get through but now have to wait 3 weeks before I can see her for what was supposed to be my 6 week follow up next week. So now I can't see her until 9 weeks after my surgery!!!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Anita C York - Posted on July 13th, 2015
Rude, Unprofessional, Uncaring Office Staff
Self-verified patient of Dr. Anita C York - Posted on May 4th, 2012
I recently tried to make a same day appointment and was not allowed to finish my conversation with the office staff before being cut off. I was transferred to a voice mail that didn't pick-up. When I called back I was treated in a very uncaring and rude manner and was put on hold. Unfortunately this office is too busy to care about patients.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Anita C York - Posted on April 27th, 2011
After each appointment with Dr. York, I leave thanking God to have her as my doctor. Not only is she quite astute, she also is very personable. Because Dr. York has a vast amount of experience, continues to learn and stays up to date in her field, she has a large patient base. Even so, I never feel like just another patient-just the opposite- she takes time ask about 'my life'. Since Dr. York is efficient, my appointments are not long and drawn out; yet, I never feel shortchanged. This doctor never trivializes my 'aches & pains', though in comparison to others they are minor, and she makes sure to thoroughly answer all my questions. I f you are looking for a doctor who is not only kind but a specialist in the field of womens health, you will want to make an appointment with Dr. Anita York.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. York is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
38 Years Experience
University Of Nevada School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1981
Uc Irvine Medical Center
Dr. Anita C York Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
More about Dr. Anita C York
Dr. York graduated with a Bachelor of Sciences degree from the University of California of Irvine. After completing graduate work in Medical Technology at Long Beach Memorial Hospital, she entered medical school, earning her Medical Degree at the University of Nevada. She did her residency at UCI Irvine and has been in practice since 1985. She now specializes in gynecology with special interests in minimally invasive surgery both robotic and laporscopic. She also has interests in female incontinence and pelvic floor repair
Locations & Directions
Dr. Anita C York is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Orange, CA.