Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Anjali J Desai has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Anxiety Disorders
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 2 of 2
Dr Desai was requested to perform a pre-operative physical for my 81 year old mother. My mother had not seen any doctors (except on an Emergency Room basis) in over 25 years. Despite my mother being an unwilling participant in this pre-op consult, Dr Desai and her associate Dr Walsh were not only 100% professional; but, extremely careing. They treated my mother like she was their mother.I can't say enough!!!Although my mother did not have the surgury (due to previously undetected health issues)... I believe Dr Desai did her job and protected my mother from the inherent and potentially grave risks of a surgury we felt was important.
18 Years Experience
University Of Nebraska College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2000
Dr. Anjali J Desai accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Anjali J Desai in this video.
Dr. Anjali J Desai is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chicago, IL.