Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Anjali R Iyengar has the following 2 specialties
- Hematology & Oncology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Anjali R Iyengar has the following 11 expertise
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Hepatitis C
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
Dr. Anjali R Iyengar has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 33
I believe Dr . Iyengar is a good oncologist but lacks bedside manner, lacks office sauvy and can be rather abrupt. I had issue with the office and asked Dr. if she had an office manager. Very abruptly she said "I don't want to hear it" and that was it. My issue had to do with sanitary conditions in both bathrooms-no tissue no paper towels and the patients being infused use those 2 rooms besides us with appts. Someone should have bathroom responsibility. My last visit they had me fill out all new personal forms and put a wrist ID band on me. This was a new thing for me and said so. Since Dr. wants labs done there I came for a blood test. I waited 1 hour. When they Finally called me they used a different name (I'm not Olivier & I told them twice) to have infusion! I just needed a quick blood draw and that was written on my appt. And they were not busy. This office is just not professionally run.
Dr. Iyengar is the BEST doctor in any field. She is always concerned about each and every patient. I just love her, and what she has done to improve and save my life. Her mannerisms are down to earth, and you feel very comfortable during your appt. If you find you need an Oncologist, please, please, don't think twice...choose Dr. Iyengar.
Great personality made me really we were in this togethet and she really haf my nack
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
22 Years Experience
Bj Medical College
Graduated in 1996
University Of Texas Medical Branch Hospitals
Dr. Anjali R Iyengar accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of AZ
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Whole Health Arizona Care Network
- Aetna Whole Health Banner Health Network HMO
- BCBS AZ Alliance Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- Humana Phoenix HMOx
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsArizona Center For Hematology And Oncolo, 10320 W McDowell Rd Ste 9030, Avondale, AZ
Dr. Anjali R Iyengar is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Avondale, AZ.