Dr. Ann Groover Is this you?

3.4

Have you seen Dr. Ann Groover?

Cold and Degrading

Posted on May 9th, 2017

This Dr. is cold, rude and downright degrading. If you question her, she becomes obviously annoyed and offended. So her response is practically an insult. She also thinks that all of her patients are drug seekers. It's ridiculous. Don't waste your time and money. Trust me.

Most professional and undersrtanding Dr. I have ever been to

Posted on November 2nd, 2016

Dr. Ann Groover is the most professional and understanding, but no nonsense Dr. I have ever been to. She takes time to truly listen to you and help with any problem you have. She help to keep my husband and me from losing it over two years ago , when no one else could. So thankful that we chose her and her concern for her patients is outstanding.

Wonderful, compassionate physician

Posted on January 28th, 2016

I love Dr. G! She always spends time listening to me and explaining things to me. She has cried with me and laughed with me over many years and I could not imagine a more compassionate psychiatrist. She's truly amazing. The office staff are always friendly and helpful and I am understanding of the wait times because she truly cares enough to spend that time listening.

Not a professional place

Posted on July 1st, 2014

NEVER. TOTALLY AGREE WITH LAST FEW REVIEWS! GONE DOWN HILL..

Lesson Learned

Posted on July 1st, 2014

After being a patient (if you will) for around a year I would NOT recommend Dr Ann Groover to anyone! She is cold, rude and all about the money. Refill fees? And unbelievable fees if you have no choice and need to cancel the day of your appointment. But it's ok if you have to sit 2 hours past your appointment time! She doesn't care. Her staff is obviously not knowledgeable, or well trained. Seems like total chaos in that office. Never do you see the same face when you're there. There is no nurse and you feel like you're just ran through a car wash. If you want/need true psychiatric care, this is not the place to go. But if you just want a prescription this is your place! I do not know how or why this place stays in business! Very sad and just plain pathetic.

Stability needed. Should we be concerned about our privacy?

Posted on May 20th, 2014

I am also a patient at Groover Clinic, there have been many changes lately and it does make me and my husband both uncomfortable. What we don't understand is, why is there always someone different every time we go for my appointments? Why so many and such frequent changes in staff? There has to be a reason. How many people are previewed to my personal information? Our other doctors seem to have the same staff every time we go, that gives us comfort. Also, I somewhat agree with the comment below. We have also witnessed the rude, unprofessional lady in the front office. She seems cold and uncaring. Not the typical character you would expect there. Our main concern is confidentiality. Change can be good, it wouldn't be a problem if we seen the same faces when we're there. Just hoping they solve what ever the matter is and show some stability. I personally do not like my information shared with so many different people.

Change, and NOT a good one

Posted on May 1st, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr. Groover's since 2011. My son is also a patient at Groover Clinic. By far this is THE BEST place in our area to receive psychiatric care. However, since the beginning of this year things have changed and not in a good manner. One would think that an office atmosphere (especially a psychiatric doctor's office) would be positive and professional. That has not been the case lately. At my last visit, I walk through the door, not to a smiling face or a hello, but to the office manager screaming into the phone VERY loudly to what seemed to have been her child? Extremely unprofessional, and total disregard for the patients there to seek care. It seems every apointment we've had since the first of this year we've witnessed her rude attitude and uncaring demeanor in some form. I have to say, Dr Groover, Rebecca (the nurse practitioner) and other members of their staff are great. Genuine concern, very polite, smiles and professionalism. It is uncomfortable for my son and myself when we first walk in the door, beyond there, you couldn't ask for better care. I would recommend Groover Clinic to anyone, however I would forewarn them of the barrier you must cross when you arrive.

Excellent Office

Posted on April 21st, 2014

My experience with this office has been great. From front to back everyone there is willing to go the extra mile to do what it takes. Sometimes it might take a little longer than I want it to but I always get my questions answered and I am taken care of. My family is treated there so we are there at least twice per month and I always know what to expect. The staff in the front is always curtious. Dr. Groover and Rebecca are very understanding and listen to my concerns. I would recommend this office to anyone needing psychiatric treatment.

Great Psychiatrist, MHNP, Questionable Office Proceedures/Staff

Posted on March 13th, 2014

Dr. Groover and her Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Rebecca Gerrin are fantastic. They both show concern and compassion for their patients and listen always listen to my concerns, questions, and problems. They take their time with each of their clients which makes will often make for longer wait times, but it is worth it when it comes to the quality of care my daughter and I receive. However, there have been recent changes in office staff and procedures that are frustrating for me as a current patient. Examples of such are the inability to now leave an after hours message regarding appointment cancellations or changes. If I am ill or have an ill child, I was able to leave a message for the office staff to cancel my appointment and then call back in during business hours and reschedule. That still allowed plenty of time to cancel without penalty. That seems to no longer be an option since when you call after hours your only choices are to leave a message for the on-call provider if you are having a true medical emergency and there is no general mailbox if you press zero. The new office manager at times is brisk and can come across as rude and unconcerned. Leaving a message regarding prescription issues and/or refills do not get returned in a timely manner now that there is no nurse in the office. The outgoing message states that messages left before 2 PM will be returned that day, however, I have had to leave messages regarding my daughters prescription that wasn't sent into the pharmacy that went unreturned. The message was left at 9:30 AM and as of 7:15 PM, there was no return call from the office staff and no prescription sent to the office. Considering that mental health medications are the types of medicines that shouldn't be left off for long or at all, it is concerning that my calls are no longer being returned. When the former nurse was handling the medication messages, calls were returned in a timely and prompt manner. There is no longer a nurse to handle my concerns if I am unable to speak with Dr. Groover or Ms. Gerrin regarding labs or health concerns immediately. My medical information, weight, blood pressure...etc...is being handled by the office staff and my assumption is that they are not medically trained. What keeps me coming back to The Groover Clinic (and I drive 35 miles to come to this office) is Dr. Groover and Ms. Gerrin's professionalism, their genuine concern for their patients and their superior knowledge of the field of psychiatry and mental health. However, it is my suggestion that a review of the phone system, and the office staff (specifically their attitudes towards patients and their professionalism) be made.

Posted on January 24th, 2014

Spends the time needed with me so i dont mind having to wait a few extra minutes

Grieving father

Posted on August 6th, 2013

I went to Dr. Groover after my son committed suicide. De. Groover is very cold and unsympathetic. She upped my Psxil from 20 to 30 mg. and then accused me of being high . Heck, she is the one who upped my dosage. She had me to go to ER at Hamiltorn Hosptial and self admit myself to Wescott Nuthouse where the truly crazy people are. One night at Wescott and l out of that nut house. She switched my medicine around and made a zombie out of me. She made my grief worse. She does not listen worth a flip!She is very judge mental. I fired her. She then had the audacity to ask did I want to keep my son's appointmen next week. I said I just fired you why would I want you to treat my son. She does not think people should show any emotion. She thinks people should be like robots. She should have been a production engineer instead of a doctor. The only good thing about her office was the nurse was nice. But Doctor Groover cold and mean. I would not let this doctor treat my dogs.

Doctor's Response

This comment was posted by a heartbroken man in a time of great anger, who has since been accepted back into my practice as a current patient at his repeated request.

capable psychiatrist

Posted on July 1st, 2013

I drive over 55 miles to see Dr. Groover, because she has listened carefully, diagnosed accurately and includes my judgment in treatment direction.

Doctor's Response

Thank you very much for your trust and confidence.