Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ann Kim has the following 2 specialties
- Pain Medicine
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
Dr. Ann Kim has the following 8 expertise
- EMG/Nerve Conduction Studies
- Surgery Recovery
- Sports Medicine
- Nerve Damage
- Chronic Pain
Dr. Ann Kim has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Ann Kim is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 19
Dr. kim has done wonders for helping my lower back pain with her doing radio frequency ablation. You feel great relief in 2-4 days. She has a very calming nature when in surgery room or her office ...takes her time and always explains your problems so you understand. Nurse call-line is fast an efficient.
I have been a patient with Anne Kim for about 6 years. I had many surgeries done to my spine & not long ago (less than a month) I became Ill..I can't take any pain medication when I'm seriously ill, have proof I was ill & now she claims I'm not in any pain. I had 4 back surgeries & 3 leg surgeries. About to get a double knee replacement & she says I'm not in any pain at all.
I received an epidural steroid injection (ESI) from Dr Kim. After the procedure I have now learned that the drug that Dr Kim used for the ESI (KENALOG-40) is NOT APPROVED BY THE FDA FOR EPIDURAL ADMINISTRATION. Dr Kim never informed me that she was injecting a drug into me on an off-label basis. Had I been properly and legally informed that the drug injected into me was NOT APPROVED by the FDA for epidural administration, I would have refused the injection. The package insert for KENALOG-40 from the Bristol-Myers Squibb website clearly states at the very top "NOT FOR EPIDURAL USE". Why is a drug being injected into people epiduraly when the package insert clearly states "NOT FOR EPIDURAL USE"? At minimum, informed consent should be obtained from each patient. This is something that I never received. I have also learned that ESIs are extremely dangerous. Several people have even died from ESIs. Arachnoiditis is also another very serious complication that may result from ESIs. I was never informed of any of these potentially very serious complications from ESIs. I would not recommend Dr Kim for any kind of invasive procedure due to her failure to give proper and legally required informed consent. For narcotic pain relievers she is probably OK.
Very thorough, intelligent and patient review of my situation, films. Complete exam. Very pleasantly surprised.
- Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University
Dr. Ann Kim accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- IBC Keystone HMO POS
- IBC Personal Choice PPO
Locations & DirectionsChristiana Spine Center, 4735 Ogletown Stanton Rd Ste 3302, Newark, DE
Dr. Ann Kim is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Newark, DE.