Dr. Ann Mallat Is this you?

4 Ratings • 1 Comment

Have you seen Dr. Ann Mallat?

Posted on May 30th, 2011

In 1999 I had a reaction to an anesthesia (Propofol) which caused respiratory arrest. A routine procedure turned into a day in ICU.In 2002, I required surgery, and Dr. Mallat was the anesthesiologist. I informed her of my allergy to Propofol, and of my near death experience 3 years earlier. In the OR she decided to give me Propofol, in spite of my warning, and against my wishes. Again respiratory problems followed. Luckily, the nurses, watched me very carefully, and I survived. It took me about 4 extra hours to regain consciousness. I consulted an attorney, who explained since I had survived, there were no "damages". So the matter ended there.

Posted on November 30th, 2015