The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Lymphoma Lymphoma symptoms & the difference between Hodgkin's & Non-Hodgkin's.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ann M Mauer has the following 1 specialty
- Medical Oncology
Think of an oncologist as your main physician for cancer care. After being diagnosed, you’ll meet regularly with an oncologist to explore and manage your treatment options, as well as monitor your condition throughout the process. Medical oncologists are extremely knowledgeable in various types of cancer treatment and can recommend the right method for the type and stage of cancer you’re facing.
They may also refer you to additional specialists throughout your care, but they will always be your home base for questions and support. It’s also worth mentioning that medical oncologists deal mostly with solid tumors while hematologists specialize in cancers that involve blood disorders, such as leukemia.
Dr. Ann M Mauer has the following 20 expertise
- Interventional Oncology
- Cancerous Tumor
- Metastatic Cancer
- Bone Cancer
- Esophagus Cancer (Esophogeal Neoplasm)
- Breast Cancer
- Bone Marrow Transplantation
- Low Platelet Count (Thrombocytopenia)
- Testis Cancer (Testicular Neoplasm)
- Enlarged Spleen (Splenomegaly)
- Hodgkin Disease
- Head and Neck Cancer
Dr. Ann M Mauer has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Ann M Mauer is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
I have been seen by Dr. Mauer for the past three years, after having surgery and radiation for bilateral breast cancer. She is really good - trustworthy and compassionate. I like her and feel that her conclusions and suggestions are right on target. Also, she makes me laugh. Would highly recommended her.
It's been a year since Dr. Mauer gave my sister her prognosis, "It's fatal." I am still angry and appalled at her words and inability to communicate with a cancer patient. In addition, the initial diagnosis was wrong and tests results were botched. Dr. Mauer's words were like a scapel to us and though we found another hospital and doctor whose approach tried to instill hope, the "It's fatal." kept doubt ever present. My sister's latest CT scan was clean after 6 months of chemo (a different program than Mauer was going to prescribe),and we know that we still have to 'watch' closely, but for a doctor to come across like that is unconscienable.
I had been originally diagnosed with colon cancer stage iv, had surgery and didn't know what to do. After leaving the hospital, nobody told me who to call or what to do. My surgeon was able to schedule an appt with Dr. Mauer after I had tried in vain to get with anyone at the cancer center. When I had the appt with Dr. Mauer she was cold, clinical, and pessimistic. I was crushed by her prognosis and cannot believe that a Dr. in her position would share such a negative outlook and perspective. It's one year later and I'm doing great after transferring to another hospital and Dr for treatment. Today I have hope. How can anyone working in oncology say how long someone has to live or not encourage hope and positivity.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Mauer is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
26 Years Experience
Loyola University Chicago Stritch School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1992
University Of Chicago Medicine
Dr. Ann M Mauer accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL BlueCare Direct
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsDeepti A Singh Md, 900 W Nelson St, Chicago, IL
Dr. Ann M Mauer is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chicago, IL.