Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Ann Michalek
Dr. Ann Michalek, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Albany, NY, with other offices in Albany, NY and Albany, NY (and 2 other locations). She has 34 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Michalek is affiliated with St Peter's Hospital, Albany Medical Center Hospital and Albany Medical Center South - Clinical Campus. She speaks English.
Dr. Ann Michalek has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Ann Michalek is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
There are no reviews for Dr. Ann Michalek yet. Be the first to review this doctor!
Dr. Michalek is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
St Peter's Hospital
Albany Medical Center Hospital
Albany Medical Center South - Clinical Campus
Albany Memorial Hospital
Memorial Hosp Of Wm F & Gertrude F Jones Aka Jones Memoria
34 Years Experience
Albany Medical College
Graduated in 1979
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Ann Michalek is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Albany, NY.