Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Ann Owen
Dr. Ann Owen, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Reno, NV. She has 34 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Owen is affiliated with Saint Mary's Regional Med. Center., Renown Regional Medical Center and Northern Nevada Medical Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Ann Owen has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
I found Dr Owen to be very thorough. She ordered an ultrasound of my thyroid which no other doctor had done. She seems concerned about the effects of the medications and knows about the latest developments. She is good at recommending other doctors for problems out of her specialty. She doesn't rush through the appointments which is why she might be late sometimes. She is the best of the 4 other endocrinologists that I have had. I feel much better since she added a second hormone to my medications. I wish it had been done years ago. I have had some problems with her office help. They seem to change frequently, too. It takes a long time to get an appointment with any endocrinology doctor because there are so few around.
She is very nice, very easy to talk to, but misdiagnosed me with metabolic syndrome, then did not tell me I had hashimotos. when I later found out and after much research, I asked her to prescribe thyroid medication. She refused stating it would be illegal (I wasn't asking for vicodin). I agree to old school; it is recommended for hashimotos patients to take thyroid to treat their symptoms and prevent getting a goiter.
Dr. Owen saved my life and I will forever be grateful to her for her skill as a physician and her positive reassuring manner. She treated my thyroid cancer following surgery during a two year period. She was there every step of the way and continues to be concerned about my well being. She is genuinely concerned about her patients and always goes the extra mile. I cannot speak highly enough of Dr. Owen.
Dr. Owen is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Saint Mary's Regional Med. Center.
Renown Regional Medical Center
Northern Nevada Medical Center
Stones River Hospital
Middle Tennessee Medical Center
34 Years Experience
University of California at Los Angeles
Graduated in 1979
Dr. Ann Owen accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & Directions781 Mill St, Reno, NV
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Ann Owen in this video.
Dr. Ann Owen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Reno, NV.