Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ann M Pena has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Pelvic Exam
- Pap Smear
- Menstrual Pain
- Women's Health
- Hot Flashes
- Birth Control
- Child Birth
Showing 5 of 15
I consulted with this doctor regarding heavy uterine bleeding. It was confirmed that I had uterine fibroids. At age 36, I was interested in keeping my uterus intact so I could preserve my fertility. Dr. Pena hinted that I was too old to have children and suggested that I have a hysterectomy instead. I had to demand a surgery to remove the fibroids. She performed the surgery and on my follow-up visit, told me that if the heavy bleeding continued, that it was most likely a hormone imbalance and once again suggested a hysterectomy. Well the heavy bleeding resumed almost immediately. I saw another doctor within six months and he said I had two large fibroids that were causing the bleeding! That was news to me since I had just gone under Dr. Pena's knife. Thankfully, I got new insurance under a PPO and had the fibroids removed by a capable surgeon. The morale of the story is to get a second or even third opinion, especially when it comes to your fertility!
Dr Pena is a wonderful caring physician, we had a bad experience with another physician and luckily ended up with Dr Pena. She was fantastic at all of our doctors appointments and when it came down to our delivery we had a emergency C-Section, she made me feel calm and was very reasurring to me and my husband. I will never go to another OBGYN and would reccomend her to ANYONE. I have never had a doctor that when you mention their name EVERYONE in the hospital and office tell you how wonderful she is and how nice she is to EVERYONE.WONDERFUL WONDERFUL DOCTOR!!
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
33 Years Experience
University Of California San Diego School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1985
Dr. Ann M Pena accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsKaiser Permanente San Diego Medical Center/Kaiser Foundation, 4647 Zion Ave, San Diego, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Ann M Pena in this video.
Dr. Ann M Pena is similar to the following 0 Doctors near San Diego, CA.