Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional information.
Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Ann Sellew
Dr. Ann Sellew, MD is a Doctor primarily located in New York, NY. She has 31 years of experience. Her specialties include Psychiatry. Dr. Sellew is affiliated with NewYork-Presbyterian / Weill Cornell, New York Presbyterian Hospital / Columbia and New York Presbyterian HospitalColumbia Presbyterian Center. Dr. Sellew has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Ann Sellew has the following 1 specialty
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Ann Sellew has the following 7 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Dr. Ann Sellew has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Ann Sellew is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
I have been under Dr. Sellew's treatment for many years and though I can say many good things about her this one outstands. With the advent of the internet and my childhood friend becoming a psychiatrist I have gathered a lot of information about my illness and I often relay them to her. She is confident enough in her skills to be receptive and engage in a discussion with me. Also, it may be true of all women psychiatrist, she has always encouraged me to take on difficult challenges regarding work or play. My previous psychiatrist wanted me to take up a federal job which would be easy and stable. I have instead worked on many consulting assignments with large wall street firms successfully for the last 15 years.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Sellew is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
NewYork-Presbyterian / Weill Cornell
New York Presbyterian Hospital / Columbia
New York Presbyterian HospitalColumbia Presbyterian Center
31 Years Experience
State University of New York at Buffalo
Graduated in 1982
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions17 E 89th St, New York, NY
Dr. Ann Sellew is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.