Dr. Anna Barber Is this you?

2.4

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Anna Barber?

Offended

Posted on August 23rd, 2015

I guess I'll start off by asking a question; how is it that someone with no apparent desire to interact with a child decides to become a Pediatrician? One of my biggest regrets is not following my instincts to find a different provider sooner. Over the past year of my child being under Dr. Barber's care, my husband and I usually came away with a feeling of incompetency, as she seems to speak down to you like you know NOTHING about raising your own child. Our latest visit is what finally pushed me over the edge. As we were being seen for our scheduled vaccinations the topic of oral fluoride came up. I informed her we were still holding off a bit for oral fluoride and at this point we were using fluoride toothpaste and having fluoride treatments at the DDS. I added, however, we were planning to implement it in the near future. She immediately seemed annoyed that we even considered holding off and then she proceeded to tell us that EVERYONE in Seattle where she grew up had fluoride in their water and they seem to have turned out just fine. Then she added that she had turned out fine, after all she's a doctor. Like I said it's not that I'm against it, I informed her we were just waiting a bit. By the way my husband and I did NOT have oral fluoride and we also turned out just fine but then that's probably all because of genetics as she put it. So back to the appt...as it's coming to a conclusion, she mentions next time no vaccines but it will be flu season by then and she said she always rec a flu shot. I jokingly, but seriously, said well we wont be receiving that. Her demeanor immediately changed. She became short and irritated asking why that is. I replied I just don't want her to have the flu shot, never have, never will. She quickly handed off the notes from the appt and said the nurse would be in to give the vaccines. I'm not saying it's right or wrong to receive the flu shot, it's just a personal decision and one that I feel should be respected. Not everyone is going to be in 100% agreement all the time, and as a doctor she needs to understand this. Like I mentioned earlier, it would be nice to feel like she's at least a little interested in my child. She should understand parents are entrusting their most prized possession in her care and she might want to at least pretend to show some interest. I would like to say the nursing and front office staff have always been excellent with their care towards us.

I'd give her no stars if I could.

Posted on May 27th, 2015

I would never recommend her to anyone! She's extremely unprofessional and rude. She talks down to you in a bully manner. Just because she's a doctor you are to listen to her. She never once even smiled at my son, she doesn't connect with her patients at all. She's not a friendly person AT ALL. I brought my son in because he has a cold, she told me that I need to vaccinate him. (Didn't even bring him in for that) I said well he's sick she said he needs to be vaccinated. I said I understand that and I plan to fully vaccinate him when he isn't sick and his immune system is 100%. She did not like me saying that and decided to proceed with demanding me to finish my research and gave me lots of papers about vaccinations and websites to look them up. She told me to bring him back in a week, to vaccinate him. I told her my plan is to separate them out a little and omg she was so rude. She started attacking me with her words telling me no and I'm not a scientist, (I have a right to say no, and a right to say go slow) . For her to even try to vaccinate my child when he is sick is mind blowing. She should no that's not allowed. She was trying to make me feel stupid and was laughing at me in my face.. Soo as I'm standing there holding my beautiful child she decides to treat me that way not once asking how he is or anything. I left there in tears. And oh ya, she barley even looked at him for what I brought him in for, his cold :'( . Everytime I went to speak she talked over me, telling me what I'm gonna do. I cant believe the way she treated me. I hear she's nice if you let her tell you what to do, how to raise your child and NEVER question her.

WORST PEDIATRICIAN I HAVE EVER SEEN

Posted on May 26th, 2015

She had the worst attitude I've ever encountered. If you do not have the same views as her she does she turns in to the rudest person you will ever meet even though she hasn't the slightest clue of what she is talking about. I wouldn't send my worst enemy to her!

Mother

Posted on March 24th, 2015

While she seemed knowledgeable, Dr. Barber does not connect with either her patients or their parents. Throughout the appointment, I was TOLD what I would and would not do for my child. There was no conversation. You WILL go pick up these fluoride tablets (no discussion about if that was something I even wanted to do). You WILL NOT have a TV in your daughter's room (no discussion about how she only gets to watch a movie before bed to help settle down). When I mentioned that I'm a single mom, I got the ever-so-pitiful, "Oh, I'm so sorry!" as though I was a victim when in reality, I made a choice to leave a bad situation for the emotional and physical safety of my daughter and myself. It was just a regular exam so there wasn't anything to diagnose other than poor bedside manner and general people skills.

RN, BSN, CCRN

Posted on April 29th, 2014

I need to qualify what I wrote on Dr Mike Stephens review. Dr Anna Barber is not a bad physician by any stretch of the imagination, quite the contrary, she is well educated and performs her job duties. I do not want to discourage anyone from going to her, she could be just right for anyone else; her style was just not conducive to what my husband and I prefer (which is an educated AND personal physician that has had kids; I mean, they are giving us advice about our "child"). But the difference that we found was that she was impersonal, does not have kids of her own quite yet, and did not appear to want to even get to know our son; he was just "another" patient, not anything special. Perhaps that's just what comes w/being a pediatrician, you get tired of hearing crying and/or whining babies all day; (Hearing that could change anyone's attitude for caring, and quickly). But she did her job and is very competent. :).

Posted on May 4th, 2017