Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Anna Szczuka has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
Dr. Anna is terrific. Can't say enough. Apart from the accent (and where I grew up, it's not all that unusual) she will remind you of an old-fashioned country doctor. Just mind that you do what she tells you to do, or she will be very cross! Which is a good thing--you must take responsibility for your own health. She treats my entire family, and again I must agree with the previous reviewer, if we were to lose her, we would be losing not just a doctor, but a trusted friend and as much a member of the family.
Dr. Anna (her last name gives some folks fits, but it's easy enough to pronounce (say it like "ZOOKA") is usually very busy, and it's easy to see why when you get in to see her. She takes time, she listens, she CARES. More, she will call and check on you if she thinks you need her to. That's a pretty big deal. She gets it, if you know what I mean. I won't let anyone else treat me now. If she ever picked up and moved, I don't know what I'd do.
St Vincents Medical Center
Dr. Anna Szczuka accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TN Blue Network S
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsDickson Medical Associates, 127 Crestview Park Dr, Dickson, TN
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Anna Szczuka in this video.
Dr. Anna Szczuka is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Dickson, TN.