Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Annapoorna R Chirra
Dr. Annapoorna R Chirra, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Los Angeles, CA. She has 23 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Chirra is affiliated with UCLA Medical Center, Santa Monica. Dr. Chirra has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Annapoorna R Chirra has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 21
I became very sick in 2007, and my health was declining, no one thought to check my neck, Dr. Chirra noticed that it was swollen, and ordered biopsy, she diagnosed, my thyroid cancer at a stage 2, I am so gratefull to this Dr. for having saved my life. She is on top of her patients disorders all the time, and will even call you at home, if you missed appointments or not following treatments, she will definitely not tolerate any lateness,,,she is the best
Dr Chirra is a great PCP. She obviously stays current on new research and journal articles, as she always knows the current best practices for primary medicine. I appreciate her emphasis on preventative health. She always takes time to talk about my weight and excercise level, that I should take Vitamin D since I work nights and how my diet and stress level has been.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2008)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Top 10 Doctor - Neighborhood (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Dr. Chirra is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
23 Years Experience
University Of Kansas School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1995
Ucla Medical Center
Dr. Annapoorna R Chirra accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsUcla Medical Center, 200 Ucla Medical Plz, Los Angeles, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Annapoorna R Chirra in this video.
Dr. Annapoorna R Chirra is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Los Angeles, CA.