Get the facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Anne A Fottrell has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mood Disorders
- Clinical Depression
- Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Personality Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Sleep Disorders
Showing 5 of 21
Possibly the worst psychiatrist I've ever seen. Horrible office staff. Didn't properly diagnose me, prescribed multiple antidepressants, one of which made me gain 50 pounds in 4 months. After I started going to another psychiatrist, he immediately took me off the" weight gain drug" (his words), diagnosed me as bi-polar and prescribed meds that actually work. I lost the 50 pounds without dieting.
By far the best psychiatrist I have ever come across... She takes the prize in every possible way. Her office staff (one secretary), however, leaves most everything to be desired. Phone calls often go completely un-returned, and arranging either first-time or follow-up appointments can be quite the game of "phone tag". The good news is that Dr. Fottrell is well worth the trouble.
On-Time Doctor Award (2009)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2009, 2010, 2012, 2008, 2011, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2012)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2010, 2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
30 Years Experience
University Of Tennessee Health Science Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1988
Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Dr. Anne A Fottrell accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TN Blue Network E
- BCBS TN Blue Network S
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Anne A Fottrell is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Franklin, TN.