Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Anne L Glowinski
Dr. Anne L Glowinski, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Saint Louis, MO. Her specialties include Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, Adolescent Medicine and Psychiatry. Dr. Glowinski is affiliated with St Louis Childrens Hospital. Dr. Glowinski has received 1 award. She speaks English.
Dr. Anne L Glowinski has the following 3 specialties
- Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Substance Abuse
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Diseases in Twins
- Eating Disorders
- Genetic Predisposition to Disease
- Sleep Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Birth Control
- Depressive Disorder
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
We had to wait several months to see Dr. Glowinski and hated the wait. Once we got into her clinic, we were first a little surprised because she works with a lot of students. Then she explained what everyone's role was. Now, we would not want to go anywhere else. Worth the wait if you really need help.
Dr. Glowinski rarely comes into the room; she predominantly has fellow students handling all of her affairs. I initially believed this would be a good approach, though I expected her to be in the room with them. The reality is this: you spend the first 10-20 minutes meeting with one to three fellow students and a grad student, they all depart the room to meet with Dr. Glowinski and you spend the next 15-20+ minutes waiting as they all discuss your meeting and their approach with your child supposedly in her office. She'll then come in to meet with you and your respective child for at MOST 10 minutes and that concludes your visit. I thought this approach was going to offer a think-tank like approach; unfortunately that's not the case. I don't feel as she's very open minded either, once she spends a couple of sessions with your child, mind you, she personally will only meet with your child while you are present in the room and presto she draws her conclusion. NEVER ONCE taking the time to PERSONALLY and PRIVATELY meet with your child for an extended period of time in order to derive her decision. I walked away from this experience saddened as a parent that this highly regarded Doctor can make such life altering decisions for children who are in desperate need of help without ever spending any quality time with them.
Visits take hours but most of the time is just spent waiting in her office. She works with student fellows and has them do all of the work. She generally only comes in for a few minutes at the end of a session.
Dr. Glowinski is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Johns Hopkins Health System
Dr. Anne L Glowinski accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem MO Blue Preferred Options
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsWashington University School Medical, 24 S Kingshighway Blvd, Saint Louis, MO
Dr. Anne L Glowinski is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Saint Louis, MO.