Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional information.
Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Anne Leddy
Dr. Anne Leddy, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Newport News, VA. She has 44 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Leddy is affiliated with Riverside Regional Medical Center, Tidewater Phys MultiSpeciality and Center For Arthritis & Diabetes. She speaks English.
Dr. Anne Leddy has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
I was treated very well from the receptionist, to the nurse taking vitals and info, and by the Doctor herself. She spent a lot of time with me, listening to my concerns , then addressing each, sending for test, even going on line to explain things and showing me how to put my situation into perspective. I have to go back for the results and follow up an looking forward to hearing what she has to say.
I waited nearly an hour all 3 visits. Her staff was abrupt and rude "go sit down, I have no idea when she will see you, etc.". She was even more rude, if that's possible. I have had a thyroid problem for 20 years and have a college degree in science but she treated me like an idiot. She told me that I should have a job and my child should be in day care - not her business. I decided to retire and had a very successful career. She told me there was no reason for my thyroid issues, but could feel the rush I was having (frustration at her perhaps?). She should not be allowed to see patients and is a horrible human being. I have since spoken to 4 different people who have seen her, not one liked her. My SIL, a proper southern woman, was so distressed she walked out of her office mid way through the discussion. Find another doctor!!
I have never met a doctor who spends as much time with her patients as she does. She explains tests and labs completely. She draws diagrams to show you what is going on in your body. Although sometimes the wait to see her is long it is well worth it. She is a highly intelligent and does not talk down to people. Anyone would be lucky to have her for a doctor.
Dr. Leddy is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Riverside Regional Medical Center
Tidewater Phys MultiSpeciality
Center For Arthritis & Diabetes
44 Years Experience
Johns Hopkins University
Graduated in 1969
Dr. Anne Leddy accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions704 Thimble Shoals Blvd, Newport News, VA
Dr. Anne Leddy is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Newport News, VA.