Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- HIV/AIDS The differences between HIV & AIDS; signs, symptoms & complications.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Shingles Facts about shingles, including symptoms & possible long-term effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Anne Y Liu has the following 3 specialties
- Allergy & Immunology
- Infectious Disease
An infectious disease specialist has specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of contagious diseases.
Infectious diseases, also known as contagious or transmissible diseases, are those that stem from pathogen from a host organism. These infections may spread to other carriers through physical touch, airborne inhalation, bodily fluids or contaminated foods.
Infectious disease specialists identify whether the disease is caused by bacteria, a virus, a fungus or a parasite often through blood tests and then determine what course of treatment, if any, is necessary.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Hay Fever (Seasonal Allergic Rhinitis)
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Hepatitis C
- HIV Infections
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
I had a scheduled appt. with Dr. Liu for months. The day of the appt. they substituted a "fellow" physician without informing me, without my consent and approval and without informing me the physician was a "fellow", left me in the exam room unattended and uninformed for almost a hour alone and ultimately made no attempts to diagnose and or inform me regarding my condition. Caution, the main focus of Dr. Liu when she finally put in a very brief appearance was on my financial status (and my ability to pay!) Dr. Liu did absolutely nothing to address the issue I was referred to her for. There were differing conflicting claims regarding why I was left in the exam room alone for so long--someone lied to me! Not qualities I desire or will tolerate in a physician and or facility.
Dr. Anne Y Liu accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsStanford Medical Center, 269 Campus Dr, Stanford, CA
Dr. Anne Y Liu is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Stanford, CA.