Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Anne M Miller has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Anne M Miller has the following 10 expertise
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Flu (Human Influenza)
- Personality Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Clinical Depression
Dr. Anne M Miller has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 13
We took my teenaged daughter to see Dr Miller. She was offensive when we said we had shared parenting and neither one of us "made the decisions" alone. Dr Miller, in a very short time, without talking to my daughter very much, said she had a "behavioral" problem and that it wasn't depression. On our second visit, she told me I needed therapy.We stopped seeing her since we didn't think that she was compassionate enough to be a care provider. At our first visit, I thought she might be considered professionally distant, but at the second visit, it was clear she is cold and not compassionate.
I have been diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder. At one appointment with Dr. Miller, she yelled at me like I was a 10 year old. "Grow up!" she screamed at me. My fiance came with me to this particular appointment and she screamed at him too calling him and my whole family "enablers". I currently see Heather Stevens, a therapist in Dr. Miller's practice also. Heather is amazing. Dr. Miller however is just the drug supplier. All that I need her for is to give me my medications so I can go on with my daily life. Heather helps me deal with my depression and other problems. Dr. Miller needs to learn that yelling gets you nowhere.
24 Years Experience
Northeastern Ohio University College Of Medicine And Pharmacy
Graduated in 1994
Akron General Medical Center
Dr. Anne M Miller accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Anne M Miller is similar to the following 3 Doctors near West Chester, OH.