Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Anne Seiden has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
Dr. Seiden was the psychiatrist that originally diagnosed my condition. She was methodical and diligent in arriving at her conclusions. Once she had formed her opinion she shared them with me and also shared what it was that constituted her diagnosis. She answered every question I had and was always available if I thought of something I wanted to ask her during clinic but had forgotten. When the subject of treatment arose, Dr. Seiden offered me the various options that were available including therapy, counseling, and medications. She informed me of the risks and possible benefits of each option and allowed me the space I needed to think about what might be the best choices for me. When I was ready to commit to treatment, she was very comforting and always made certain to keep checking in on me and asking for feedback about how my treatment regimen was working. And because of her attentiveness, knowledge, wisdom, and compassion, I am able to enjoy a better quality of life. I think Dr. Seiden is pretty terrific.
Dr. Seiden is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Cook County Hosp, Chicago, Il
- University Of Chicago Division Of The Biological Sciences The Pritzker School Of Medicine
Michael Reese Hospital Medical Center
Dr. Anne Seiden accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAnne Maxwell Seiden MD, 5544 S Woodlawn Ave, Chicago, IL
Dr. Anne Seiden is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chicago, IL.