Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Annelle R Johnson has the following 2 specialties
- Geriatric Medicine
A geriatric specialist is a physician who treats the elderly population and the conditions that most commonly affect them. These doctors have special training in the effects of aging on the body and mind of a patient.
Geriatric specialists treat common ailments faced by senior citizens, such as frailty, incontinence, memory problems, arthritis, senility, decreased functioning and more.
In addition, geriatric specialists keep abreast of the different medications that an elderly person is prescribed to treat their more complex health issues in order to decrease adverse side effects and avoid dangerous drug interactions.
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Alzheimer's Disease
- EOL Care
- Cognitive Issues/Testing
- Urinary Incontinence
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 19
I went in to see Dr. Johnson because I recently moved, and my primary care doctor had to change. She had a very high rating on WebMD; and she seemed to be a nice and personable lady. The staff was very courteous and helpful; and my wait to see the doctor was actually very short. But when I actually saw the doctor, I felt like I could have completed my "annual exam" over the phone. She walked in, sat down, and looked at my folder. She asked me what medications I was on...my answer was, "None." She then asked me if I was having any problems that I wanted her to address...I said, "Not really...just here for an annual." She had me get up on the table and lie back. She squeezed around on my stomach and abdomen...and then helped me up. When I told her about itching that I had been experiencing, she asked me a couple of questions...but never asked to see the affected area. I told her about pain in my legs at night, and her response was, "Hmmmm..." but still no examination of my legs or anything else. That was my entire experience with Dr. Johnson. From her, I found out that she is about to go into an administrative position somewhere else...and that is probably a good thing for her because she doesn't seem to be very interested in treating patients.
Dr. Johnson is a kind and thorough doctor. Unfortunately, she and the other doctors refuse to hire courteous and professional office staff. We will never, never, never recommend the Van Alstyne Family Practice. Never! We are fools to think things would change after having each experience without smiles, kindness and professionalism. A great little community unfortunate to have this for their only doctor office representation.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
13 Years Experience
University Of Oklahoma College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2005
Dr. Annelle R Johnson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsVan Alstyne Family Practice, 350 N Cartwright Rd, Van Alstyne, TX
Dr. Annelle R Johnson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Van Alstyne, TX.