Dr. Annette Bicher Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Annette Bicher?

Too aggressive

I went to see her for a second opinion about the recently diagnosed endometrial cancer. She is a doctor that treats the disease, not the patient. Does not really seem to care about the consequences of her aggressive treatment. Recommended hysterectomy and oophorectomy based on the initial biopsy. Would not consider any conservative treatment. I was lucky I went with a different surgeon who had a more flexible approach. The mid-surgery pathology showed that the initial biopsy was wrong and I able preserve my ovaries. Thank God I didn't go with her.

Caring and Professional Team

I was recently diagnosed with uterine cancer and reached out to a local support group through a friend for a recommendation for a gyn oncologist. Three of them recommended Dr. Bicher. I called and was able to schedule an appointment within a week. When I arrived, her staff were warm and welcoming. I had to wait about 15 minutes. Dr. Bicher had clearly reviewed my path report and other records before meeting with me. She was clear and direct in her description of the next steps. She took time to answer all my questions, those of the friend who accompanied me, and of my spouse who was participating via teleconference. Subsequently, her office has contacted me to ensure that tests required prior to surgery were completed and I was easily able to reach her staff to get my questions answered. Everything to date has been a 5 start experience!

HIPAA violation

Gave me another patient's work release which had her name and type of cancer. Sent out my medical records without my approval or knowledge after I told them I would not be filing a short term disability claim. Was assured that they charge before completing any paperwork and patients always know before records released but that did not happen. Calling in is a nightmare. Poor scheduling.

Unprofessional

I really wanted to like Dr. Bicher as she was recommended to me but was very unpleasantly surprised at how my appointment with her went. The first problem is that the office is impossible to get a hold of and does not respond to any messages. When they do they are curt and rude. We waited over an hour after our appointment time before Dr. Bicher finally saw my sister. She spent very little time with us and did not answer questions. We were not impressed. Following up with the office has been a nightmare and absolutely NOT a stress that my family and my sister needs as she embarks on her journey to recovery for a new cancer diagnosis. This office has caused much unneeded stress by the inability to get ahold of anyone and also the rudeness of the staff on her family, and I would not recommend it to anyone. We ended up switching doctors because Bicher's office was too stressful to deal with, and was told by our current doctor that unfortunately that is a lot of people's experience with that office. I would advise seeking treatment at another location, even if you need to drive further.

I've just had laparoscopy with Dr. Nicher and she has done an outstanding job. I barely have to take prescription pain medecine and is on my way to recovery. Staff at Inova hospital was great, I was very nerveous, they answered all my questions and were very patient with me. Altough, I am not a big fan of her office staff.

Dr, Bicher was very knowledgeable, compassionate and professional, as well as personable. She seems to really care about her patients and she took the time to address all of my questions. The reception and nursing staff were warm and extremely accommodating.

Her bedside manner is lacking. All she knows is chemo. If anything else comes up she is worthless. There is little she can do for you anyway. I would skip her and find someone else.

I love Dr. Bicher, but it is extremely hard to get a hold of her and there front desk is horrible to deal with. They have no bed side manner and they can not multi task. Another issue I have is that they always change my mothers appointment so its extremely frustrating especially if your mother is going through cancer treatment. Otherwise I love Dr. Bicher

Office Staff Problems - good Doctor

Hard to reach a 'real' person - their telephone answering system is not efficient. You have to leave a message and they call you back. Really? No one answers the phone; it's all automated. Most of the Staff is not warm and friendly; some are down right cold and rude. Dr. Bicher is knowledgeable and I was confident in her care. However, VERY hard to reach. You have to beg, demand, go through five people just to get a message to her. Not worth all the trouble. There are a lot of great doctors out there with a better office set up and staff. I recommend going elsewhere.

Excellent

You could not have a more experienced, caring or confident surgeon on your side, She is top in her field.

Nice doctor - horrible staff!!!!

Best in the area

Best doctor around for ovarian cancer. Saved my life, she is so thorough and skillfull, and I feel very lucky to have found her.