Dr. Annette Whitney Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Annette Whitney?

Thankful mom

Posted on July 14th, 2017

Just so grateful for God bringing Dr. Whitney into our lives. Our a very busy schedule she took her time to sit down and explain to us what that meant and what our next steps were. You can imagine we were devastated, but I just remember her saying we were going to have more questions and she would be there to answer them. Of course we did and she and her staff have been there to support us every step of the way.

Posted on May 17th, 2017

Dr. Whitney is amazing! She is compassionate and understands the stress parents go through trying to figure out what is wrong with their kids. She doesn't give up just because your kid doesn't follow what the medical journals say their disease or symptoms should be. So happy with her and even more happy my son is doing better!

one

Posted on September 26th, 2016

We've been extremely happy with Dr. Whitney

Posted on August 4th, 2016

Posted on June 10th, 2016

Probably OK for minor concerns or maintenance of a previously confirmed diagnosis. With her for over a year with my two-year-old's "mystery" food allergy issues and she could never diagnose him. Never sent us to a food allergist, or nutritionist, just did invasive procedures. when results came back normally, suggested a full elemental diet for a child who had already fallen off the growth chart. She also lacked care and compassion when he badly failed a dairy trial, which started 10 weeks of chronic diarrhea. I became fed up and sought a second opinion - so glad I did! New GI at Children's immediately sent us to food allergist who diagnosed him with FPIES. Got nutritionist help and learned that his chronic diarrhea and other symptoms were a result of continued exposure to hidden milk. Dr Whitney had never counseled us on ingredients that hide milk and had even told us that any cooked milk was safe for him (untrue!). She also told us our elemental formula would never be covered by insurance - sure enough it is and the allergist/nutritionist got it covered in one day. Too bad we spent $2,000+ on it while in her care. Proceed with caution!

Posted on April 3rd, 2016

Office staff is very friendly and Dr. Whitney is always on time and dwhich is very much appreciated.

Posted on March 2nd, 2016

Dr Whitney has been my child's doctor and I have also worked with Dr Whitney IN the surgical setting. So I have experience with her from both the parent and professional side. I would recommend her to anyone.

Best EVER!

Posted on February 28th, 2016

We just love Dr. Whitney and have been taking our son to see her for his stomach issues. She is always patient and caring. She really takes the time to listen to what I have to say as a mom and what has been going on since the last visit. That means a lot to me. Without Dr. Whitney, I know that our son would not be doing as well as we are today. Thanks!!

Posted on September 24th, 2015

We took our 7 year old son to her. We found her very compassionate, caring and thorough. I can't say enough good things about her!

Thorough and Caring

Posted on July 1st, 2015

We have seen Dr. Whitney for over a year for our 5 year old daughter. Dr. Whitney always takes the time to talk to us as well as our daughter to find out what is going on. On those occasions that additional testing is needed, she is always able to schedule it within a week.

Ego Too Big for Her Britches

Posted on December 12th, 2014

Dr. Whitney made up her mind about what was wrong with my child sight-unseen and refused to accept that her diagnosis was wrong. She kept telling us that our child needed an endoscopy and colonoscopy and drugs with monthly follow-ups. We agreed to the tests, but declined the drugs. In the end, she had to be pushed and pushed by multiple people (medically affiliated and family members) to FINALLY agree to ordering a simple test...which showed the CORRECT diagnosis! We have NEVER heard from her or her office again.

Just Awful

Posted on November 30th, 2014

This was one of the WORST visits to a physician that we've experienced. My toddler had chronic vomiting, refusal to eat, and lots of gas/burping. Dr. Whitney pushed and pushed for an endoscopy making us feel like that it was the end of the world if we did not move forward with this procedure. She even tried pushing us to go to her outpatient center (doctors often have ownership at outpatient centers and make more money on procedures), but I insisted on the hospital where there is more oversight. After putting my child under anesthesia and through this awful ordeal, everything came back normal. Instead of further clinically investigating based on symptoms and looking at other possibilities, Dr. Whitney threw up her hands and said "Well, I don't know what this could be. I'm lost." Really???? Isn't that what med school and GI fellowship are for? Since the procedure was done (and paid for), there wasn't any interest left in treating my child. Instead, she tried pushing a dangerous appetite stimulant drug: we of course refused stating that this was a "bandaid" fix that did not diagnose the underlying issue. I would not recommend this type of treatment to anyone. We found another reputable GI and our child is doing so much better now.