Dr. Annie L Castillo Is this you?

3.0

Have you seen Dr. Annie L Castillo?

Would NOT Recommend.

Had breast cancer and surgery in 2013. Had a mastectomy and Dr. Castillo recommended no treatment (I was informed this is usual for my situation). For the last 3 follow up visits (every 6 months) I expressed concern about tissue that may have been missed in the area the cancer was found. She ignored my concern and didn't order a ultra sound or MRI to confirm (or deny) that this was a possibility. The last appointment with her she physically felt a lump in the same area and still didn't order any tests. She told me to come back in a month for a follow up blood test (my liver enzymes were off). She walked out of the room as I was trying to talk to her about it mumbling about a "recurrence". I turned to my plastic surgeon who had performed my reconstruction. He immediately ordered an MRI and confirmed there was cancer. I am now undergoing chemo and radiation that is at least 6 months to a year behind what it should have been if she would have listened to me. She examines you, makes soothing noises of concern and DOES NOT listen to a thing you say. So much more to this story and Dr. Castillo but bottom line, would not recommend her in any capacity.

Love love

She was great to spend time with. Helped me stay comfortable during the process and friendly even when not in the office. She knows what she is doing and will do what she can to help any patient of hers.

Kind and concerned with helping

This doctor is so kind and cares a lot for her patients. She works so hard and is so concerned with the well-being of her patients. Anybody who has chosen her as their doctor will be in good hands.

If you are looking for an oncologist that is interested in sparing your life from advanced cancer this is not the one.

I would not recommend this doctor. Something as serious as cancer she shows no real concern for the patients overall being. Offers no advice for medication side affects, only suggests another drug. Se shows no interest in seeing the cancer cured, just that there will be another medication. I had major edema as a side affect from a med., she sent me for an ultrasound to rule out blood clots (in both legs?). Told if the ultra sound revealed any clots I would be held at he lab for her to talk to me. As I figured there were no clots so I was sent home... no follow up or anything to tell me what to do for my edema... Each appointment was just a waste of time. I had to go out and seek my own advice from and alternative physician who spent an hour with me listening and finding help for my symptoms... This doctor is the head of the oncology department. She shows to passion in helping her patients heal and conquer their cancer.