Get the facts about clinical depression, including the symptoms and related depressive disorders.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Annie M Cooper has the following 1 specialty
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Mood Disorders
- Personality Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Depressive Disorder
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Mental Illness
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
I CANNOT say enough good things about my time with Dr. Cooper. She is both exceedingly caring, though not overly cautious, and super insightful - coming to realizations infinitely faster than I ever could and then helping feed them back in a way that makes sense to me. Her office is mostly grown adults, and so I as an 18 year old was worried about the nature of our interactions before I ever went in, but she treated me with respect and intellectual maturity that I have never seen in other psychiatrists who deal with teenagers. A wonderful, effective doctor!
Dr. Cooper was highly recommended by my internist AND my gynecologist! When I called, a receptionist told me there was a long wait for appointments, but that she would put me on a wait list, and there was a good chance I could be seen much sooner. She called me back 2 days later with an appointment available the next day.Dr. Cooper is really easy to talk to. We covered a lot of ground in a few months and continue to do so. She gives me a lot of useful and accurate insights. I like that she interacts with me, yet she listens and remembers things that even I forgot! I think she is really the best!
Grady Memorial Hospital
Dr. Annie M Cooper accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsDave M Davis Md, 35 Collier Rd NW Ste M215, Atlanta, GA
Dr. Annie M Cooper is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Atlanta, GA.