Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Facts about menorrhagia; causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Anthea J Dixon has the following 2 specialties
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Hot Flashes
- Pelvic Exam
- Menstrual Pain
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Women's Health
- Birth Control
- Pap Smear
- Breast Exam
Showing 5 of 31
Overall experience was horrible. Other issues, came to her citing possible Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (deduced through self-study on internet) and she wouldn't even entertain the idea. I told her of recent 30lb weight gain in a 3 month period. Her answer? I was just "fat" and needed to lose weight to get my hormones back on track. Nevermind that I told her something caused me to rapidly gain weight. Put me on birth control as I hadn't had a period in over 10 months, having hot flashes, night sweats, mood swings, etc. A few months after seeing her the first time, was having severe period issues and was concerned I might be anemic. Had period lasting 14 days; called doc and she was not concerned. Same period going on for now 30 days; called doc and begged to test me for anemia. She reluctantly did and I was indeed anemic. Got frustrated and found another doc. Guess what? I have polycystic ovarian syndrome and have been put on meds for weight control. Her bedside manner is very rude, cold and uncaring. She seems to care more about shuttling patients in and out in a hurry. Even my pap exam seemed rushed.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
52 Years Experience
University College Dublin
Graduated in 1966
Tucson Medical Center
Dr. Anthea J Dixon accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of AZ
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net AZ PPO HSA
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsAnthea J Dixon Md, 5190 E Farness Dr Ste 106, Tucson, AZ
Dr. Anthea J Dixon is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Tucson, AZ.