Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Anthony Smith
Dr. Anthony Smith, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Albuquerque, NM. He has 34 years of experience. His specialties include Urology, Transplant Surgery and General Surgery. Dr. Smith is affiliated with Kindred Hospital-Albuquerque, Lovelace Medical Center - Downtown and UNM Hospital (Univ of NM). He speaks English.
Dr. Anthony Smith has the following 3 specialties
A urologist is a physician who specializes in diagnosing and treating conditions affecting the male reproductive system, as well as the urinary tracts of both males and females.
These doctors cover the kidneys, ureter, urinary bladder, adrenal glands, urethra, and the male reproductive organs which include the testes, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate and penis. Some common disorders that urologists treat are urinary tract infections (UTI), stress incontinence, benign prostatic hyperplasia, kidney stones, erectile dysfunction, kidney cancer, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and cystitis. These urological specialists also perform vasectomies and vasectomy reversals.
- Transplant Surgery
Transplant surgeons are trained to transplant organs from donors, whether living or deceased, to the patients in need. This includes liver, lung, heart, intestine, pancreas and kidney transplants as well as tissue, bone marrow and cornea transplants. Kidney disease, diabetes, cystic fibrosis and serious infections are just a few reasons you might need a transplant.
Your surgeon will consult with you prior to the operation for a pre-transplant evaluation and they will see you through your healing process to ensure you have no complications. Some surgeons get additional training and education on pediatric transplants to provide special care to children.
- General Surgery
A surgical specialist is a physician who has additional training in a specific area of surgery.
The American Board of Medical Specialties acknowledges the following surgical specialties: general surgery, thoracic and cardiac surgery, colon and rectal surgery, obstetrics and gynecological surgery, neurological surgery, ophthalmic surgery, oral and maxillofacial surgery, orthopedic surgery, otolaryngological surgery, pediatric surgery, plastic surgery, urological surgery, and vascular surgery.
Some procedures are performed by more than one type of specialist. Also, some surgeons may choose to specialize in specific procedures within their specialty area. For example, a plastic and maxillofacial surgeon may specialize in performing rhinoplasty procedures.
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
Showing 3 of 3
Dr. Smith is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Lovelace Medical Center - Downtown
UNM Hospital (Univ of NM)
AMG Specialty Hospital-Albuquerque
UNM Carrie Tingley Hospital
Cancer Research & Treatment Center
Kaseman Presby Hosp
34 Years Experience
University of Illinois at Chicago
Graduated in 1979
University Of New Mexico Health Sciences
Dr. Anthony Smith accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsUNM Hospital (Univ of NM), 2211 Lomas Blvd NE, Albuquerque, NM
Dr. Anthony Smith is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Albuquerque, NM.