Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Anthony D Agra
Dr. Anthony D Agra, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Columbus, OH. He has 23 years of experience. His specialties include Nephrology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Agra is affiliated with Adena Regional Medical Center, Fairfield Medical Center and OhioHealth Doctors Hospital. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Anthony D Agra has the following 2 specialties
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.<br>A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.<br>These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Anthony D Agra has the following 7 expertise
- End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Kidney Biopsy
- Chronic Renal Disease
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
Showing 2 of 5
Couldn't get any better than thisd doctor and his staff:)
Self-verified patient of Dr. Anthony D Agra - Posted on May 10th, 2012
The staff was wonderful and very helpful. when I had a lot of worry over two doctors clashing on the results of a test, he looked at it before my appointment to assure me things were good which greatly relieved my extreme worry. He was very friendly and helpful. He took an interest in my case and was encouraging. He offered suggestions. He spent a lot of time with me and did a followup test to assure all was well. since my mother had kidney disease and I am at risk for it, I was relieved to find a doctor I could communicate with, who was open to what I thought and who answers questions well and has a good bedside manner making me comfortable in the event I need help down the road. Excellent doctor and excellent staff too. Staff very good and very competent. Zero complaints.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Anthony D Agra - Posted on June 1st, 2011
Dr. Agra is the second nephrologist I have had and he is exceptionally good. He takes the time to explain things and he listens when I ask questions and have opinions. He makes me feel like taking care of my health is a partnership. He has always encouraged me to try new treatments and techniques. When I have been in the hospital he visits nearly every day (even when I am not his patient). When I changed dialysis clinics he got privileges at the new clinic, so I could remain his patient.
Dr. Agra is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
23 Years Experience
Wright State University Boonshoft School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1995
Dr. Anthony D Agra accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Health Network Option Open Access
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsCOLUMBUS NEPHROLOGY, 745 W State St Ste 520, Columbus, OH
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Anthony D Agra, MD - Nephrology in Columbus, OH, in this video.
Dr. Anthony D Agra is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Columbus, OH.