Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Anthony W Alvarez MD
Dr. Anthony W Alvarez, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Ft Mitchell, KY, with another office in Edgewood, KY. He has 28 years of experience. His specialties include Psychiatry and Neurology. Dr. Alvarez is affiliated with St Elizabeth Medical Center South. He speaks English.
Dr. Anthony W Alvarez has 2 locations
200 Medical Village Dr
Ft Mitchell, KY 41017
200 Medical Village Dr St Elizabeth Physicians Behavioral Health
Edgewood, KY 41017
Book Online Now
Dr. Anthony W Alvarez has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Anthony W Alvarez has the following 13 expertise
- Mood Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Personality Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Clinical Depression
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mental Illness
Showing 5 of 9
Your loved ones deserve better---
Self-verified patient of Dr. Anthony W Alvarez - Posted on November 1st, 2013
This doctor is unwilling to work with the patient's family even with the patient's consent. He was not courteous-- no hand shake, hello, etc. He bordered between apathetic and cold. He did not take the time to explain a diagnosis. He spent five minutes or so asking terse questions and then one minute to explain a treatment plan. Take this medicine and suck it up. I would not recommend someone see this particular psychiatrist. I would not recommend this psychiatrist to a loved one; In fact, I would do everything in my power to ensure that I or a loved one received higher quality care.
visit with dr. alexader
Self-verified patient of Dr. Anthony W Alvarez - Posted on March 7th, 2013
Discompassionate & Condescending
Self-verified patient of Dr. Anthony W Alvarez - Posted on July 12th, 2012
I would have never selected this doctor for myself. I went to the hospital for depression and suicidal thoughts. This doctor saw me for less than 5 minutes, was very discompassionate, condescending, rude, and didn't listen. Although he was extremely quick to change my prescription and prescribe Prozac. I wonder if he gets kickbacks for prescriptions.I checked myself out of the hospital immediately after being seen by this hack. If I was to be in his care, I felt I was safer on my own.The nurses, however, were extremely kind and helpful.
DO NOT USE THIS DOCTOR!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Anthony W Alvarez - Posted on September 25th, 2011
Run if you can
Self-verified patient of Dr. Anthony W Alvarez - Posted on June 11th, 2011
If I knew how i would report this guy. He is the worst dr I have been to and I have seen 4. I agree with the other 2 bad bed side manner. He is a slacker he has his nurse talk to you so he doesn't have to spend a min more with you. He thinks he knows you after he ( or his nurse) talk to you for 5 mins. Can you say quick to judge. I wouldn't go to him if he paid me to see him and he paid 4 my meds.
Dr. Alvarez is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
28 Years Experience
University Of Kentucky College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
Dr. Anthony W Alvarez Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Health Network Option Open Access
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Bluegrass Family Health
- Baptist Health Community Care Network
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Sagamore Plus
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Anthony W Alvarez is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Ft Mitchell, KY.