Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Anthony G Auteri
Dr. Anthony G Auteri, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Allentown, PA, with another office in Bethlehem, PA. He has 34 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Auteri is affiliated with Lehigh Valley Hospital Cedar Crest Campus. Dr. Auteri has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Anthony G Auteri has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.<br>These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Anthony G Auteri has the following 12 expertise
- Hepatitis C
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Infectious Disease
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Abdominal Pain
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Celiac Disease
Dr. Anthony G Auteri is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 13
Quality of care.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Anthony G Auteri - Posted on September 29th, 2017
While Dr. Auteri had been an excellent provider for me he has certainly dropped the ball. I could not get a phone call back from him and could not get an appt for 3 months after my first phone call. He did not even try to relay any information. He simply does not care. I spoke to his fellow who explained that he is now chief of the practice but that is a poor excuse. If paper work is more important than he should stop seeing patients. I ended up having to go to the Cleveland Clinic for surgery. This was not his concern.
Scheduling is awful
Self-verified patient of Dr. Anthony G Auteri - Posted on July 28th, 2014
Self-verified patient of Dr. Anthony G Auteri - Posted on September 8th, 2012
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Auteri is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
34 Years Experience
University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1984
University Of Virginia Health System
Dr. Anthony G Auteri accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC Keystone Health Plan Central HMO
- Capital BC PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
Geisinger Health Plan
- Geisinger Health Plan
- Highmark PPOBlue
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- IBC Keystone HMO POS
- IBC Personal Choice PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UPMC Health Plan
- UPMC Premium Network Plans
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Anthony G Auteri, MD - Gastroenterology in Allentown, PA, in this video.
Dr. Anthony G Auteri is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Allentown, PA.