Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Anthony B Michaels DO
Dr. Anthony B Michaels, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Birmingham, MI. He has 44 years of experience. His specialties include Psychiatry and Neurology. He speaks English.
Dr. Anthony B Michaels has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Anthony B Michaels has the following 17 expertise
- Mood Disorders
- Geriatric Psychiatry
- Drug Abuse (Substance-Related Addiction Disorders)
- Personality Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Mental Illness
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Clinical Depression
- Anxiety Disorders
Dr. Anthony B Michaels is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
Perceptive, intuitive, compassionate.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Anthony B Michaels - Posted on February 12th, 2019
Self-verified patient of Dr. Anthony B Michaels - Posted on January 15th, 2019
Was a patient of this doctor back around 1990 at Beaumont Hospital. He was terribly rude to my parents and not too kind to me. His attitude was that of a rich snob. I was in Beaumont recently and was so happy to hear that he had been dismissed from their staff. It's unfortunate to hear, though, that he still practices.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Anthony B Michaels - Posted on September 22nd, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Anthony B Michaels - Posted on December 30th, 2015
44 Years Experience
Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine
Graduated in 1975
Detroit Psychiatric Institute
Dr. Anthony B Michaels Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
More about Dr. Anthony B Michaels
Dr. Michaels practices highly individualized patient centered psychiatry. Dr. Michaels emphasizes a helping, caring, and therapeutic relationship. Dr. Michaels offers complete psychiatric services of all major adult (18 and over) psychiatric disorders. Dr. Michaels believes in careful attention to the whole patient; both their psychologic and medical care. Ninety percent of patients receive real interpersonal therapy. Medication, outpatient, partial day hospitalization, and hospital care as needed. Dr. Michaels also specializes in: In-patient psychiatry, out-patient psychiatry, psychotherapy, situational problems, depression, anxiety, Bi-Polar Disorder, psychosis, post-traumatic stress disorder, substance abuse, closed-head injury, geriatric psychiatry, psychiatric medication management and psychiatric partial hospital treatment.
Locations & DirectionsANTHONY B MICHAELS DO, 189 Townsend St Ste 302, Birmingham, MI
Dr. Anthony B Michaels is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Birmingham, MI.