Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Anthony J Calabrese
Dr. Anthony J Calabrese, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Annapolis, MD, with other offices in Pasadena, MD and Bowie, MD . He has 46 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Calabrese is affiliated with Anne Arundel Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Anthony J Calabrese has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Hepatitis C
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Celiac Disease
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Abdominal Pain
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
After the doctor I had been seeing at this practice left, Tony inherited me. He "fired" me as a patient the second I stepped into his office for no reason that he would give. Found a real gastro-enterologist who treated me for small intestinal bowel bacteria overgrowth. Turns out that in the condo where I was living, the supply and waste water lines had touched, had a galvanic reaction and fused - I was drinking other peoples' feces and metabolized medicines. Should have sued condo assoc., but could not countenance the permanent connection of my name and this mishap in the legal record.Real professional to make me suffer longer than necessary, "doctor."
I've been a patient of Dr. Calabrese since 1981. He has shown himself to be concerned, empathetic, and more than competent. As a result I live sympton free despite life long Ulcerative Colitis. He has listened to and qualmed my fears. I have recommended him to many friends over the years, and will continue to do so..
Dr. Calabrese is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
46 Years Experience
Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University
Graduated in 1972
Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
Dr. Anthony J Calabrese accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Anthony J Calabrese is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Annapolis, MD.