Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Anthony J Canfield has the following 1 specialty
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Procedures
Showing 5 of 30
I am highly impressed with Dr. Canfield's skills as a surgeon. He is trained with state of the art surgery techniques such as robotic surgery, which was used in my case (two umbilical hernias). It was minimally invasive and caused the least discomfort possible. Healing was expedited as well. I am back to exercising and feel stronger than ever. I find this remarkable at age 69. My daughter, who is a physician and went with me to all appointments, shares my opinion. In addition, Dr. Canfield anwered all my questions in a way that it was understandable to me, which lowered my level of concern. He is kind and caring and I enjoyed his great sense of humor. Dr. Canfield was readily available after the surgery to address any questions I had. I highly recommend Dr. Canfield. You will have the best experience possible.
I have had ilttle time with Dr. Canfield, but my experience was great. Dr. Canfield understood the issue quickly and what had to be done to make it better. I had already been through two surgeries with a different surgeon, one a unsuccessful hernia repair. For these two surgeries, my recovery time was 7 weeks for the first and 8 weeks for the second. After my surgery done by Dr. Canfield, I was walking the first day. This was magnificent! I was able to use the facilities with little assistance. It has now been just a little over two weeks and I am doing great. One suggestion is better follow up from the physician - whether it be the oncall or the primary. There were a few times where I needed approval quickly for a medication or test and it took some time to get it approved. This caused some prolonged discomfort that was not needed. When I did see Dr. Canfield, I got the impression he was in a hurry and wanted to get out of there, not wanting to even look at the surgical site. I had to call him back to look at it because I had broken out in a terrible and uncomfortable rash and needed him to see it. Thankfully he was still at the hospital and able to come back. He prescribed a cream that was extremely helpful. All in all, my experience was very positive - night and day from prior experience and I am very grateful. I can't wait to be able to exercise and get back in shape!
Dr. Canfield and his staff are the best I've worked with, not just in Colorado but in California and Oregon as well. They are very attentive. They treat you like you are the most important patient, regardless of your insurance. I very highly recommend Dr. Canfield and all of his staff, they are wonderful.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
30 Years Experience
Uniformed Services University Of The Health Sciences F Edward Hebert School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1988
United States Army Medical Center
Dr. Anthony J Canfield accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Whole Health Colorado Front Range
- Anthem CO Blue Priority HMO
- Anthem CO Blue Priority PPO
- Anthem CO Bronze Pathway X HMO
- Anthem CO Gold Pathway HMO
- Anthem CO HMO
- Anthem CO Pathway
- Anthem CO Silver Pathway X HMO
- Anthem PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAdvanced Laparoscopic And General Surgery, 1601 E 19th Ave Ste 5100, Denver, CO
Dr. Anthony J Canfield is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Denver, CO.