- Ulcerative Colitis Get the facts about ulcerative colitis, including what causes it, signs and symptoms, and complications that can arise from the condition.
- Psoriatic Arthritis Get the facts about psoriatic arthritis, including who gets it, the symptoms, and the different types.
- Adult Asthma Get the facts about adult asthma, including who gets it, what triggers it, and how allergies can affect it.
- Fibromyalgia Get the facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions that may be related to it.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Anthony R Carlile MD
Dr. Anthony R Carlile, MD is a doctor primarily located in Roseville, CA, with another office in Roseville, CA. He has 37 years of experience.
Dr. Anthony R Carlile has 2 locations
Dr. Anthony R Carlile has the following
Dr. Anthony R Carlile has the following 4 expertise
- Gastrointestinal Bleeding
- Chest Pain
37 Years Experience
Graduated in 1982
Dr. Anthony R Carlile Accepts the Following Insurance
More about Dr. Anthony R Carlile
My Qualifications I started at Kaiser Permanente in 1985, and it's the only job I've had since finishing training. I am a board-certified internist, and for the first 12 years, I practiced in the clinic. In 1997, I became a Hospitalist, meaning that my only job now is to take care of patients in the hospital and in the emergency department. I also teach at UC Davis Medical School. I have been Chief of the Hospital Based Specialists, Assistant Chief of Medicine, and President of the Medical Staff. My Healthcare Practice I value good communication with patients, so that they can best understand what's wrong with them. Whenever possible, I try to use lay terms, and avoid medical jargon. I also draw pictures, show xrays, and use any other means I can think of that might help. I believe in the family unit and strongly encourage family members to participate in the care of their loved one. I think Kaiser Permanente is hands down the best medical care anywhere. I don't like money decisions dictating medical care, which is why I came here in the first place. I love the idea of patients getting what they need without worrying about whether or not they can afford it. My Outside Interests My wife Juli is a Children's pastor at Lakeside Church in Folsom. She and I have 3 children and fourth child Maggi died of a rare disease in 1997 (age 13). Maggi is the namesake of a scholarship given yearly to about 12 high school seniors, funded by donations and a special golf tournament (Serotonin Surge Charities). I am a Christian physician, and in my spare time, I'm a musician (drums). I have been playing and recording in various Christian bands and have been lucky enough to travel abroad doing this. I am also the Medical Director of Marketplace Missions, a Christian organization, and I've done 2 medical missions trips to El Salvador, treating the poor and orphans.