Dr. Anthony Castrovinci Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Anthony Castrovinci?

Experienced

Posted on August 21st, 2017

Has taken time with me and my skin problem and directed me to expert team of doctors. Thanks!

I have been seeing Dr C for over 10 years now. Has taken care of all my problems.

Posted on July 28th, 2017

GOOD DOCTOR FOR SKIN PROBLEMS

Posted on May 31st, 2017

VERY NICE DOCTOR. TOOK TIME WITH ME AND DID NOT SEEM RUSHED. HIS CONCERN FOR ME WAS GREAT. WILL SEE HIM IN 2 WEEKS

I think he is terrific!

Posted on May 9th, 2017

I have been his patient since he opened his practice in Mentor in the 70s. Many times I thought I had something suspicious but he would tell me it's this or that and nothing to worry about. He never made me feel like I was wasting his time. When I found another suspicious area recently he thought it wasn't normal...did a biopsy...It was squamous cell carcinoma. Long story short, this man is a master in his field.

False diagnosis very traumatic

Posted on November 10th, 2015

I would not recommend Dr. Castrovinci. My husband went to see him for a biopsy of a small mole on the back of his shoulder. We were called back in for the results, urgently, and informed by the doctor that it was a STAGE 4 Melanoma. I questioned the doctor several times to make sure he meant to say "STAGE 4". I couldn't understand how it could be classified as STAGE 4 from a small shave biopsy and no other tests. He continued to insist it was STAGE 4. After a horribly traumatic 10 days waiting to get in to the world renowned cancer center near us, we learned it was not STAGE 4. It was an aggressive cancer and he had surgery and lymph node biopsies immediately. The lymph nodes were negative and, although he will continued to be monitored and tested every 3 months visually and 6 months for blood work, etc., he is currently cancer-free. Dr. Castrovinci put us through 10 days of immense pain and worry for no reason. Even the nurse at the cancer center read the pathology report that the doctor had given us and would not classify the melanoma as STAGE 4. We should NEVER have been told that it was. Staging of cancer requires several steps - not just a pathology report from a shave biopsy. I am considering filing a report with the AMA. And, Dr. Castrovinci is lucky I'm not litigious. Most of the population probably would have sued him.

Posted on October 31st, 2013

When I called to make an appointment, I told them I had a small sebaceous gland growth on my head and wanted it removed. I asked if the doctor could perform this removal. They said yes and made the appointment to see the doctor. When I came to the office, the doctor looked at it, and said that removing this bump required stitches and his office was not equipped to do it. He told me to go to a plastic surgeon. WOW !!! to remove a small cyst I need to see plastic surgeon !!! YET THEY CHARGE ME the co pay and bill the insurance. By the way they do not take credit card or debit! . So, do yourself a favor, save yourself time and money - do not go to his office."

Old School--Great Dr.

Posted on April 12th, 2013

Three generations of people in our family have seen Dr Castrovinci. The wait times are short. He gets right to the issue and offers his solution. He has helped us in every case. He is definitely not one of those Doctors who will perscribe something just because you saw it in TV.

Patient

Posted on March 12th, 2013

The other reviewers hit the nail on the head. If you are just looking for a prescription and know precisely what you want, he will write it. If you are looking for healthcare- or any care at all, this is not your doc. Very gruff, doesn't listen to concerns and flipped the switch to autopilot a long time ago.

Waste of my time and money

Posted on February 27th, 2013

This man called me to come back from the hall way, couldn't even walk into the waiting room to introduce himself. He came off as an ornery old man who just needs to retire already. As we walke into the treatment room, patient before had not yet left and the room had not been wiped down. He ripped off the chair paper as we went in. He did not talk in a respectful manner and said the word "d**n". Very unprofessional. I was scheduled to do two things and only one was done, when I asked if we can check my moles if they are precanceerous, he rushed me out and didnt care to look because there were other patients waiting. I was suggested to make another appointment and I didn't. Ill never go back. Next time I will be more cautious when choosing a doctor.

Great Dr., He has been my skin Dr. for over 20 years.

Posted on April 27th, 2012