Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- High Cholesterol Facts about high cholesterol, including risk factors for getting it.
- Obesity Facts about obesity, including causes, risks & doctors who treat it.
- Pulmonary Embolism Facts about pulmonary embolism, including symptoms and risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Anthony J Christiano Jr
Dr. Anthony J Christiano Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Greenville, NC. He has 31 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Cardiology. Dr. Christiano is affiliated with Vidant Medical Center and Vidant Chowan Hospital. Dr. Christiano has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Anthony J Christiano Jr has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
Cardiologists are doctors who specialize in the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of conditions related to the heart and blood vessels.
A patient may be referred to a cardiologist if he experiences symptoms like chest pains, shortness of breath, dizziness, or high blood pressure. The physician will then evaluate your symptoms, take your health and family history and your weight. The cardiologist may order additional diagnostic tests, such as an echocardiogram, X-ray or blood tests. If necessary, the cardiologist may also call for a cardiac catheterization - a procedure in which a small tube is inserted into or near the heart that can take pictures of the heart's activity, or relieve blockage.
Once determining whether there is a heart condition, a cardiologist will treat a patient through cholesterol management, cardiac rehabilitation, and fitness. If surgical intervention is required, like open-heart surgery, a cardiologist will make that determination, but a cardiothoracic surgeon will perform the procedure.
- Holter monitoring
- Heart Catheterization
- Heart Block
- Pacemaker Implantation
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Electrocardiography (EKG)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Unstable Angina
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
I was very fortunate to have had Dr. Christiano on call when I had a major heart attack last Saturday night. He put me at ease during a most stressful situation. I never had a doubt about the ability of Dr. C and the supporting team at the Heart Institute. If it happens again, I hope I am lucky enough to have the same team, lead by Dr. C, to save my life.
Dr. Christiano is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
31 Years Experience
Wake Forest University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1987
Medical University Of South Carolina
Dr. Anthony J Christiano Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC Blue Value
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Carelink - Carolinas HealthCare System Tier 2
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsVidant Cardiology, 850 Wh Smith Blvd, Greenville, NC
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Anthony J Christiano Jr in this video.
Dr. Anthony J Christiano Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Greenville, NC.