Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Anthony J Deutsch has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Allergy & Immunology
Dr. Anthony J Deutsch has the following 12 expertise
- Sinus Infection (Sinusitis)
- Food Allergy (Hypersensitivity)
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
- Watery Eyes
- Nasal Allergies
- Hay Fever
Dr. Anthony J Deutsch has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Anthony J Deutsch is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
I took my daughter to see him in 1986! He was rude and disrespectifull to myself and my daughter. His answer to everything was she has Asthma. Gave her steroids and all kinds of medications. After 2 months with no improvement at all I took he for a second opinion. My daughter had undiagnosed pneumonia. Was treated with a long course of antibiotics and has been fine ever since. She is now 28 and healthy. She did run and play with the other children and she does have Christmas trees every year. She did all the things he said she could not do. Always get a second opinion!
After a heart attack, my cardiologist prescribed beta-blockers which cannot be used while receiving allergy shots. I made an appt. with Deutsch to discuss other options to deal with my allergies and asthma. He barely said a word and summarily dismissed me! I am still having asthma problems and am seeking a new doctor. In my 52 years, he is the worst doctor that I have seen. I would not recommend him to anyone.
My granddaughter who is five years old, had been coughing for months. Our pediatrician said it would resolve itself, but the cough was so distressing that it was disruptive in class. Dr. Deustch saw her and effectively treated her in two appointments. She no longer coughs all the time. Turns out, she has asthma. After that experience, I went to him with my chronic sinusitis. Thus far, I have had no further problems, and I'm continuing the prescribed regimen. I would and have recommended this doctor to my friends.
Dr. Deutsch is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
49 Years Experience
University Of Tennessee Health Science Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1969
United States Army Medical Center
Dr. Anthony J Deutsch accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry CoventryOne - GA
- First Health PPO
Locations & DirectionsAllergy Asthma And Arthritis Center, 330 Hawthorne Ln, Athens, GA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Anthony J Deutsch in this video.
Dr. Anthony J Deutsch is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Athens, GA.